Scanner at a baseball game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will001

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, I'm planning on going to a Braves game in Atlanta, GA. I was wondering if I would be able to get a scanner or my portable Motorola radio by the security check? The last time I was at a braves game a year ago, the security seemed pretty light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bob550

Premium Subscriber
I would not take the chance that the scanner or Motorola gets confiscated by security at the park entrance. However, you could always call the Braves in advance and ask them.

kma371

QRT
Hey guys, I'm planning on going to a Braves game in Atlanta, GA. I was wondering if I would be able to get a scanner or my portable Motorola radio by the security check? The last time I was at a braves game a year ago, the security seemed pretty light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would look on the Brave's website for prohibited items and print it out. Most likely, it's not a prohibited item. If there is any issue, show them the print out that it isn't on the list.

Security wouldn't be able to confiscate anything that isn't illegal.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Tell them it picks up the broadcast and you would like to listen so you can follow along. I had no issues recently taking mine to an NHL game. Was able to pick apart a DMR system at the rink. :)

Sent from my SM-G390W using Tapatalk

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
From their website:

Personal radios and television sets with headphones are permitted inside SunTrust Park.

The use of cellular phones and pagers is permitted, provided they do not interfere with another guest's ability to enjoy the game.

The Atlanta Braves reserve the right to determine what items not listed herein may be deemed inappropriate for entry.

I recommend the use of earphones.

Security wouldn't be able to confiscate anything that isn't illegal.

The can deny entry though.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Make a FL with broadcast FM frequencies, and have the scanner tuned to a station that broadcasts the game when you go through security.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
If I was going to a professional sports event, scanning would waaaay down the list of things that I would be concerned about.

You're going to the game for the wrong reasons. If you want to listen to the scanner, don't pay the high price for a ticket and just stand outside the stadium.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
Oh yeah, baseball games are just so action packed that he'll just be forced to choose between watching the game or turning on his scanner...

As a Jays fan, it hurts because it's true.

Though hopefully this year there will be a bit more excitement.

TBH, in my trips to the park, the scanner is in my bag mainly to just sit and record activity in an environment it's not normally in. I'll review the recordings later and see what comes from it.

What I'd really like to discover at a sports event is the supposed DMR (TRBO?) sideline-to-helmet comms in the CFL; there are two pairs allocated to each team in the league.

Jimbo695

This is why everyone should have a cheap Chinese radio. If the frequencies are simplex and not digital any cheap analog radio should do the trick and if it gets bagged (and you can't get it back after the game) no great loss. Several of them also have commercial FM frequencies already programmed in so if you set it up that way before you hit security - wallah - its only a radio.

PrivatelyJeff

Has more money than sense
Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah, baseball games are just so action packed that he'll just be forced to choose between watching the game or turning on his scanner...

Exactly. That’s why I take my iPad. There’s a lot of down time at the games, though not so much since they put in the pitch clock.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
I understand. I'm old and I come from another era. In the late 40s and early 50s, my father used to umpire triple-A baseball. He was a scout for the Phillies for a while. (I have a soft spot in my heart for the Phillies but I'm a Braves fan.) He grew up playing baseball with brothers Dizzy and Daffy Dean in Arkansas. I may have been born with a baseball in my hand but I'm only mediocre at it myself and was never the first one chosen in the sandlot games,

I guess I just look at the game differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.