Phoenix Police Scanner Live Stream 24/7 on YouTube

scannerloser

im a loser, baby.
Premium Subscriber
Hey there,

I created a dedicated channel to my RTL-SDR setup that monitors the Phoenix, AZ Police in addition to surrounding areas. It's in stereo to allow mulitple conversations at one time, and I was wondering what comments, suggestions, or criticisms anyone had on it? Currently it's a display capture from my machine running SDRtrunk, but I'm totally open to changing the layouts or adding things to make it more fun or easier to understand. Whenever I "do work" on the setup or filters, I leave it running so people can watch.

** If I'm not supposed to post the link here, I apologize.. but it seemed like it was ok based on the description of the Forum. **

Primary YouTube Channel:
I'm not posting the actual URL for the stream itself, because I believe YouTube has a max of 260 hours(!) (or I just happened to drop offline after that amount of time) - Either way, the URL is likely to change from time to time, but I like being able to use my YouTube channel when I can't use the Broadcastify or other scanner apps, which has happened enough times that I created this :)

Cheers!
-SCANNERLOSER

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-22 162315.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 162315.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 9

scannerloser

im a loser, baby.
Premium Subscriber
And what happens when more than 2 talkgroups are active at once? If it satisfies your intent, then good luck with it. Seems like a Broadcastify Calls node would be better.
Actually thats a great question and, for the moment, it's split between Right and Left channels. Just like Broadcastify, etc.

scannerloser

im a loser, baby.
Premium Subscriber
Audio is a little rough at times. You cpu is also maxed out.

View attachment 158874
haha.. Yes. I have to review the OBS settings because they appear to have reverted back to "Eat Your Machine ALIVE" mode again. Thanks for the feedback! Some of the choppiness of audio is due to me using a very small antenna which is also located inside of a garage. I have a nice setup that I'm going to attach it to once the weekend roles around.