Scanning in Corona & Temescal Valley areas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rlewis123

I was looking at purchasing a scanner and it appears Riverside PD and Corona PD and Riverside County Sheriffs are all encrypted. Are there any fire or CHP or other frequencies of interest that are not encrypted?

Kingscup

Feed Provider
Riverside County Fire, Corona Fire, Riverside City Fire and CHP are not encrypted and can be monitored by any scanner. I am not sure how far out of the Temescal Valley you want to go but you might be able to pick up Murrieta Fire. Hemet PD and FD? I don’t know what kind of reception you will get but you might possibly be able to receive Los Angeles County Fire and Orange County Fire Authority although you will need a trunked scanner to receive OCFA.

PaulNDaOC

You should be able to receive some of LA County Fire and Sheriff in most areas of Temescal Valley.

A transmit site above San Dimas should allow you to here nice and clear LASD Dispatch 6 Walnut/San Dimas, and the corresponding L-tac, and Disp 8 Industry and the tac channel. You will also hear Transit Dispatch and Parks Bureau Dispatch since they have countywide coverage.

That same transmit site on Johnstone Peak should allow you to hear La County Fire dispatches on Blue 8, and Sg Valley radio traffic on Blue 5. You might be able to get North County on Blue 12 if you are in the right spot to receive Frost Peak near Wrightwood. In that event you could also receive LASD Antelope Valley Disp 15.

I doubt you would be able to receive LA County Fire Blue 1 or 3 for the LA Basin,

CHP there does not simulcast so either you will need an antenna that is made to include VHF Low coverage. Out of the box, antennas do not cover CHP very well. Otherwise, you will be stuck hearing very local transmissions when the voter selects the one transmitter that really booms in there, and there is one, that sounded great in the Tom's Farm area on a rubber ducky..

i remember reading that Corona Fire is contracted to cover parts of the Temescal Valley just south of their city on a first-in unit, as well as all the county areas east of the city, sometimes referred to as El Cerrito. The county station was closed down Otherwise over there Call-Fire is king. AMR dispatch for paramedic service is also in the clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.