RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > Software Defined Radio

Software Defined Radio A forum for general discussion of software defined radio (SDR) receiver equipment.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 2:12 PM

Default SDR# with trunking has been updated

Updated SDRSharp Trunking Plugin with Settings Persistence and Logging : RTLSDR

No longer requires the forked hacked version. Good stuff. Lots of metadata support too.
Sponsored links

Old 04-27-2013, 4:09 PM

Hi, I'm the author of this mod, so if you have any requests, or find any bugs, ect. Please let me know here or on reddit. I can't fix what I don't know is broken
Old 04-28-2013, 10:20 PM

Thanks, this is great! I was hoping somebody would update a trunking plugin for use with a recent version of SDRSharp.

Not really a bug, but I noticed the retune to control frequency relies on squelch. Which is a problem when listening to a system that doesn't use squelch... The more popular (older) plugin had a delay retune feature that looked at the signal strength, and when the call was over it would retune. Would it be possible to add this? Thanks!
Old 04-29-2013, 6:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysand View Post
Thanks, this is great! I was hoping somebody would update a trunking plugin for use with a recent version of SDRSharp.

Not really a bug, but I noticed the retune to control frequency relies on squelch. Which is a problem when listening to a system that doesn't use squelch... The more popular (older) plugin had a delay retune feature that looked at the signal strength, and when the call was over it would retune. Would it be possible to add this? Thanks!
I took that out because while I was debugging, I noticed that the calculations used in the old plugin were not matching up with the actual signal strength reported by SDRSharp, and as a single dongle user, this was not working for me.

I will look into adding this back in in a future update, if I can figure out how to get the proper signal strength.

I also have a 2nd dongle on the way, so that might help me add better features as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harrysand View Post

Just wanted to let you know I've enabled beta support for retune by signal level. Right now there is an issue though where you will have to set your FFT Display Resolution to 32768 or lower for it to work correctly. I'll try to address this in the future if possible, but I wanted to get this release out for you.

P.S. spent like ALL day Monday (from 9am til now) working on this. So I hope its useful :P

Old 04-30-2013, 4:27 PM

Woah that was fast! Thanks!!! I just downloaded the beta, I will have to take a look tonight!
Old 04-30-2013, 6:37 PM

The link for SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.429.20.zip is currently broken. I'm running v1.2013.430.1 now, so it's not a big deal. I'll see if this fixes the crashing issue I was seeing.
Old 04-30-2013, 6:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
The link for SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.429.20.zip is currently broken. I'm running v1.2013.430.1 now, so it's not a big deal. I'll see if this fixes the crashing issue I was seeing.
My bad, thanks for that. It should have been v1.2013.429.10. I've fixed the site. Thanks for the report!
Old 05-01-2013, 7:55 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

This plugin needs to be publicized via the SDR# Yahoogroup as well. Then it will also make it into the Wiki.
Sponsored links

Old 05-01-2013, 6:47 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Broken link ? "The requested URL /sdr/SDRSharp_Plugins/zefie/SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.430.1.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Rob
Old 05-01-2013, 6:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnj74 View Post
Broken link ? "The requested URL /sdr/SDRSharp_Plugins/zefie/SDRSharp.Trunker.ZefieMod.v1.2013.430.1.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

Rob
sorry about that, I rewrote the site today because I modified another plugin, so I set it up to support multiple plugins... anyway the site should be generating the correct link now.
Old 05-01-2013, 6:54 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

wow that was fast!! thank you, appreciate your hard work on this.

Rob
Old 05-12-2013, 11:34 PM

Red face Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefie View Post
Hi, I'm the author of this mod, so if you have any requests, or find any bugs, ect. Please let me know here or on reddit. I can't fix what I don't know is broken
A quick word to say thank you for all the hard work!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbarnes View Post
A quick word to say thank you for all the hard work!!!
Me too! Your efforts are amazing. Absolute genius...
Always looking for a time machine to relive those 70's and 80's Radio Shack glory days!
Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 PM

I'm still in my first month with SDR#, trunking, streaming my audio etc., and loving every minute of it. Thanks to you and others for all your work zefie!

In looking for a good way to stream the audio and be able to pickup the metadata too, I'm trying out RadioFeed. I can't tell if I have a setting wrong somewhere or not, but when I tell it to grab data from SDR, I only see the same as the SDR# title on the window, which never changes from "SDR# v1.0.0.1135 - IQ Imbalance: Gain = 1.000 Phase = 0.000" (running a nightly build for now) When I tell it to use Uniform/Unitrunker, all it sees is "Site 0 Adhoc".

So I thought I was smart to choose a File instead of program from in the settings, and pick the sdrsharptrunking.log file. This works well and shows the channel source/target data etc. BUT it's also mashing that up with the log file's header line containing "action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel". So on the html from RadioFeed, it looks like:
action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel ListenDebug852062500 1616 CCSO Dispatch 1- Dist 1

In other words, a very long string that I'd like to tidy up. Is there a way to change the log output to leave off the header row?

Thanks again!
DH
Sponsored links
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I wonder if anyone will ever come up with a GUI that emulates a radio with a display and buttons etc...?
Old 05-22-2013, 7:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrelH View Post
I'm still in my first month with SDR#, trunking, streaming my audio etc., and loving every minute of it. Thanks to you and others for all your work zefie!

In looking for a good way to stream the audio and be able to pickup the metadata too, I'm trying out RadioFeed. I can't tell if I have a setting wrong somewhere or not, but when I tell it to grab data from SDR, I only see the same as the SDR# title on the window, which never changes from "SDR# v1.0.0.1135 - IQ Imbalance: Gain = 1.000 Phase = 0.000" (running a nightly build for now) When I tell it to use Uniform/Unitrunker, all it sees is "Site 0 Adhoc".

So I thought I was smart to choose a File instead of program from in the settings, and pick the sdrsharptrunking.log file. This works well and shows the channel source/target data etc. BUT it's also mashing that up with the log file's header line containing "action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel". So on the html from RadioFeed, it looks like:
action receiver frequency trunkgroup trunklabel ListenDebug852062500 1616 CCSO Dispatch 1- Dist 1

In other words, a very long string that I'd like to tidy up. Is there a way to change the log output to leave off the header row?

Thanks again!
DH
You should be using the 'single' log file option, and configure RadioFeed to look at that. You don't want to use any other log file.
Old 05-22-2013, 9:11 PM

Many thanks, devicenull !!
Old 06-01-2013, 4:24 PM

Have read every link on the web I think about getting UniTrunker to work. I have it decoding the calls and updating from RR database. All seems to be working. Have the trunking plugin installed per instructions and copied the new remote.dll to the untrunker folder where unitrunker.xml is. Installed the VC2012 runtime. I see the control receiver Frequency changing as calls come in. But I can't seem to get UniTrunker to write out the frequency file to control SDR#. I think I am SO close, but missing something.
Old 06-01-2013, 4:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewegryn View Post
Have read every link on the web I think about getting UniTrunker to work. I have it decoding the calls and updating from RR database. All seems to be working. Have the trunking plugin installed per instructions and copied the new remote.dll to the untrunker folder where unitrunker.xml is. Installed the VC2012 runtime. I see the control receiver Frequency changing as calls come in. But I can't seem to get UniTrunker to write out the frequency file to control SDR#. I think I am SO close, but missing something.
I've only tested in an environment where unitrunker.xml is in the same folder as the executable, as mine did not place the xml file in the APPDATA folder. (I installed to a user-writable drive, not to Program Files, so there are no UAC conflicts) So the only thing I can suggest is if your setup is using APPDATA, try putting remote.dll in the folder with the Uniform.exe executable.