RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 10:12 AM

Default Verify Account

Good Morning Andy!
So far the program has worked awesome, its helping our dept big time! The issue I am having (for the last couple months) is that the email provider locks the account up because it thinks im sending junk mail. I first started with Gmail because that's what you use, and they blocked the account after a week. Now I am on Hotmail (Its what I use) and they lock it up after 2-3 calls. I then have to go in and verify the account, change passwords, blah blah. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Sponsored links

Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcross View Post
Hi DC31

Thanks for the response. The page comes in as rapid hi pitched beeps, not the two different audible tones. Hence why I am a little confused. It may not work with our system I guess. I will run the Audacity program and see what it says. Might have to wait a day till I get a chance and I will post my results.

Again this is just a backup system for those of us that live in the rocks. Example my pager only works in the top half of my house and only certain parts of the building at work. Most of us don't have playback either so if we miss the address or call we are heading out blind or not at all...
GC, Follow this link to an example of a typical motorola quick call 2 format tone set. Do yours sound anything like this? This is the format (with many different audio frequencies, of course) that TTD is designed to detect.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3zp73nshc1gw57w/544-1232.mp3
Old 12-11-2013, 1:02 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsteele View Post
Good Morning Andy!
So far the program has worked awesome, its helping our dept big time! The issue I am having (for the last couple months) is that the email provider locks the account up because it thinks im sending junk mail. I first started with Gmail because that's what you use, and they blocked the account after a week. Now I am on Hotmail (Its what I use) and they lock it up after 2-3 calls. I then have to go in and verify the account, change passwords, blah blah. Any Ideas? Thanks!
Have you logged into your gmail account on their webserver and checked your inbox? If you are getting a bunch of undeliverables back that may be a trigger to block your account. I have used gmail for a couple years now without issue sending emails to probably 100 recipients a day. I clear up any undeliverables right away.

Also you will need to empty your sent items occasionally.

Jim
Old 12-11-2013, 1:26 PM

Ok, that makes sense. I do have a lot of undelivered mail due to the fact that I didn't delete the sample addresses that come loaded in the AMR and Text Only boxes. So Hotmail would try to send it to the sample email address, and it would get kicked back to me as undelivered. Its ok to delete those sample addresses since I don't use AMR or Text Only address boxes? My worry was that Hotmail was thinking TTD was a third party sending out unwanted mass emails.

Thank you Sir!
Old 12-11-2013, 9:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmsteele View Post
Ok, that makes sense. I do have a lot of undelivered mail due to the fact that I didn't delete the sample addresses that come loaded in the AMR and Text Only boxes. So Hotmail would try to send it to the sample email address, and it would get kicked back to me as undelivered. Its ok to delete those sample addresses since I don't use AMR or Text Only address boxes? My worry was that Hotmail was thinking TTD was a third party sending out unwanted mass emails.

Thank you Sir!
yes, delete every bogus email address there. The server is seeing you get numerous undeliverables and as a result thinks you are a spammer. Incorrect format addresses (like .con rather than .com) can cause the system to hang up also. Check and make sure that you have them right.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2013, 8:43 AM

okay - so I got the tones from the our local radio guy. 1153.4 and 1122.5. He said I may need the CATCODE? (610). I will have to look that up. I am surprised how interesting it has become. New hobby starting lol.
We all pretty much use Minitor V pagers with A B C D. Our radio guy is some distance away so is there a way I can set this pager to "not beep" just play the tones? This weekend I will try to do the config file and test it. However I am having issues with getting a sample tone from audacity. The two sound the same to me - must be tone deaf. Hence why my guitar playing sounds like a dying animal...

I keep playing around and keep you guys updated. Thank you for all the help it is appreciated. I am stubborn enough that I will learn this and get it going!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:20 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by grcross View Post
okay - so I got the tones from the our local radio guy. 1153.4 and 1122.5. He said I may need the CATCODE? (610). I will have to look that up. I am surprised how interesting it has become. New hobby starting lol.
We all pretty much use Minitor V pagers with A B C D. Our radio guy is some distance away so is there a way I can set this pager to "not beep" just play the tones? This weekend I will try to do the config file and test it. However I am having issues with getting a sample tone from audacity. The two sound the same to me - must be tone deaf. Hence why my guitar playing sounds like a dying animal...

I keep playing around and keep you guys updated. Thank you for all the help it is appreciated. I am stubborn enough that I will learn this and get it going!
1153.4 and 1122.5 are your A and B tones. Don't worry about the capcode, that's just another way of giving you those tone frequencies. You can look that up later if you want to, but you don't need it.

Set your A tone frequency to 1153.4 and B tone frequency to 1122.5. This should work just find with your scanner.

With your Minitor 5, it will depend on how it's programmed. If it currently beeps on every setting (A,B,C,D) then it may not work well. If you have a setting that is open monitor with no alert or a vibrate alert that may work. The programming software for M5 pagers is free from Motorola's website. The programming cradles cost a few hundred dollars, but if you're adventurous you can create one yourself out of a charging cradle.

I'm sure there are people on other sub-forums here that could help you reprogram it with the correct settings.

Andy

If you need help with TwoToneDetect please read this post first
Old 12-12-2013, 1:16 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

HI, I tried searching the thread to find my answer but no luck, I have been using th program for a few months now and working good, Just upgraded to V64 and even with v63 if I have the MP3 and AMR emails sent to a phone as a text it has the attachments removed. Has anyone else seen this or now why Im getting this problem? Thanks
Old 12-12-2013, 1:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Do you have ffmpeg.exe in your program directory? If you send an mp3 file to an email address instead of a phone does it go through? If so, does the file attachement have a .wav of .mp3 extension?

Andy

Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2013, 1:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I do have ffmpeg.exe in the twotone folder (maybe not done correctly). But in the email to an email address I have an mp3 file attached
Old 12-12-2013, 1:38 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighterjh View Post
I do have ffmpeg.exe in the twotone folder (maybe not done correctly). But in the email to an email address I have an mp3 file attached
If you're getting an mp3 file in your email, then it sounds like you have everything set up correctly. I'm not sure why your phone carrier is stripping the attachment. You could try reducing the mp3 bitrate to reduce file size. There is no adjustment you can make for the AMR attachment.

Andy

Old 12-12-2013, 1:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thanks for the info.
Old 12-13-2013, 4:09 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I am moving away from the AMR messages as they are being stripped out on AT&T more and more often. Email seems the best path for us for now.
Old 12-13-2013, 8:29 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

David,
I was actually just getting on here to see if anyone has any luck with AT&T. So is it not possible to receive the mp3 on AT&T other than using regular email?

John
Old 12-13-2013, 8:43 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I would not say it is impossible on AT&T, just that I have bad luck with consistent message traffic. It seems to work for a few times and then I get a message on the phone about problems with format or size.
"YMMV"
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2013, 9:00 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Re: New TwoToneDetect in the works - Python based

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidVT View Post
I am moving away from the AMR messages as they are being stripped out on AT&T more and more often. Email seems the best path for us for now.
Did you try to send mp3? I send quite a few to AT&T as mp3 and haven't had a issue. Make sure you are sending it to the mms.att.net address and not the txt.att.net.
Old 12-15-2013, 2:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

ffryan76, Sorry I just seen your question . the answer is yes, I took out the CD-Rom drive of the computer and built a custom bracket to hold a Kenwood TK-762 in the drive slot. the Radio is programmed for receive only and I have it running off the 12 v. connector that powered the CD-Rom drive. The whole unit is self contained and features a solid state hard drive so other than the cooling fans there is no moving parts.
Old 12-16-2013, 8:56 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Hey Andy and Group,

I just finished converting my last few VM's from V58 to V64 and I've created an issue. Overnight a page went out and TTD decoded it but didn't send an email and the audio folder is empty.

Here is the error:

Done recording Paris "A" Platoon Fire 23:56:01 on 12/15/13
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 673, in alert
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect64\outPY Z1.pyz/wave", line 500, in open
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: './audio/Paris_"A"_Platoon_Fire_2013-12-1523_56_01_543000.wav'
done converting to MP3 Paris "A" Platoon Fire 23:56:02 on 12/15/13
File "<string>", line 466, in mail
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: './audio/Paris_"A"_Platoon_Fire_2013-12-1523_56_01_543000.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for Paris "A" Platoon Fire page received at 23:56:02 on 12/15/13
Old 12-16-2013, 9:27 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ve3nsv View Post
Hey Andy and Group,

I just finished converting my last few VM's from V58 to V64 and I've created an issue. Overnight a page went out and TTD decoded it but didn't send an email and the audio folder is empty.

Here is the error:

Done recording Paris "A" Platoon Fire 23:56:01 on 12/15/13
File "<string>", line 673, in alert
File "C:\Users\Deer Creek Fire Dept\Google Drive\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect64\outPY Z1.pyz/wave", line 500, in open
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('wb') or filename: './audio/Paris_"A"_Platoon_Fire_2013-12-1523_56_01_543000.wav'
done converting to MP3 Paris "A" Platoon Fire 23:56:02 on 12/15/13
File "<string>", line 466, in mail
IOError: [Errno 22] invalid mode ('rb') or filename: './audio/Paris_"A"_Platoon_Fire_2013-12-1523_56_01_543000.mp3'
Email not sent on attempt 1trying again in five seconds for Paris "A" Platoon Fire page received at 23:56:02 on 12/15/13
It's not liking the file name. Can you try removing the quotes from the tone description and see if that helps? Try Paris A Platoon Fire instead of Paris "A" Platoon Fire.

Andy

Old 12-16-2013, 9:29 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ok will do. The funny thing is the Raspberry Pi doesn't seem to mind the quotes.

Tags
twotonedetect