RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Software > Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording

Streaming / Broadcasting / Audio Recording Interested in putting your scanner online for others to hear? Want to listen to other radios on the internet. This forum is here for you to discuss these topics related to streaming scanners online.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-27-2011, 7:51 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjbryner View Post
Here's the issues I've been trying to fix can anyone help me with this? I can't get any of the of them to work.
tried v.49 and v.53

File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect53_debug\o utPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", li
ne 604, in login
smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted
. Learn more at\n5.7.1 My client isn't accepting my username and password - Gmail Help
r10sm51630609qaz.7')
Your gmail username or password appears to be incorrect. Make sure you typed it in correctly in the Edit Config Info window.

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2011, 12:52 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,

In my case it was also random. I have tested it with my service monitor and tone generator and there was no consistent lock up of the program. Just completely random.

Thanks for all your hard work. I was looking forward to V53 since you added the Btonedebounce. For some reason one of our dispatchers always manages to send a long tone with her voice, and of course she is the midnight dispatcher.

Thanks again for all your hard work! It is an awesome program.

John
Old 12-28-2011, 6:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaknitt View Post
Your gmail username or password appears to be incorrect. Make sure you typed it in correctly in the Edit Config Info window.

Andy
I just set up outlook and my gmail is working on it, so i'm sure it is right. I have to manually put my contact in as the save button doesn't show up in the window. the only thing I'm not sure about is it password = or just password

I also get
Please use -b:a or -b:v, -b is ambiguous
[mp3 @ 0228DFC0] Unsupported sample rate.
Output #0, mp3, to './audio/Beale_Township_Compnay_5_2011-12-2709_59_58_046000.m
p3':

and

Unhandled exception in thread started by <function alert at 0x01526430>
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 441, in alert
File "<string>", line 293, in mail
File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect53_deb ug\o utPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", li
ne 604, in login

I really want to get this up and running as our 911 sends a poor text mess. out and the audio would be better.
Thanks TJ
Old 12-28-2011, 1:06 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

If you are manually entering your password in the config file (not using the interface) according to the ReadMe file:

3) NOTE: The email account password must be encoded in base64. Use google to find a base64 encoder website to encode your password to put into the config.cfg file

Try that and see if it works.

John
Old 12-28-2011, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rzq4x4 View Post
If you are manually entering your password in the config file (not using the interface) according to the ReadMe file:

3) NOTE: The email account password must be encoded in base64. Use google to find a base64 encoder website to encode your password to put into the config.cfg file

Try that and see if it works.

John
Ok I tried that and I now get this error. Side note my read me has 1.2.4. no 3 in it.

File "D:\Python\build\pyi.win32\TwoToneDetect53_debug\o utPYZ1.pyz/smtplib", li
ne 604, in login
smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Application-specific password requ
ired. Learn more at\n5.7.1 http://www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/answer.py?
answer=185833 fe5sm34597261qab.5')

I when to my google account and done a Application-specific password same as I would do for my outlook to receive e-mail. That gives me the following error

smtplib.SMTPAuthenticationError: (535, '5.7.1 Username and Password not accepted
. Learn more at\n5.7.1 My client isn't accepting my username and password - Gmail Help
r10sm51630609qaz.7')

Any Ideas what to try next.
TJ
Sponsored links
Old 12-28-2011, 9:18 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Just enter the username and password in the "Edit Config Info" tab at the very top of the software. Email User ID is your whole email address, Email Password is the same password you use to log in from the web.
Old 12-29-2011, 1:07 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

For me I had to turn on POP with Gmail before it would send messages. Go to Gmail settings, Forwarding and POP/IMAP and click the Enable POP box. Make sure you are using port 587 and smtp.gmail.com

John
Old 12-29-2011, 11:41 AM

The Edit config tab will not allow me to save the info, The save button does not show up.

I did manage to get it to work using my embarqmail account. As for Google I think it has to do with the new security they have in place. I have tried every possible thing I can think of to get gmail to work. Even the gmail generated passwords for app's. I tried base64 and a few other encodings.

But it is up and running with embarqmail, So I guess I'll live with that for now.

Great program and I can't wait till I get a scanner hooked in and can set it on a frequency. I had a tone out last night do to a county using the same 2 tone as my company but on a different Freq.

Thanks for all the help
TJ
Old 12-29-2011, 3:26 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default v52a and v53a bug fixes released

Hi everyone,

I think I found the bug that's causing some people to not get all of the items in the Config Edit window. If a system doesn't have any COM ports it would cause this issue. I've just posted v52a and v53a that I think should correct this. Let me know if it works or not if you've been having this problem.

I'm trying to reproduce the problem with v53 hanging up but so far it's been running fine for me. I'll keep trying.

Andy
Sponsored links
Old 12-29-2011, 4:13 PM

Seems to have fixed the issues for the config tab.

I'm still trying to figure out why I can sign into gmail with my user name and password yet two tone can't connect with it. Embarq won't let much more then 22 sec's go thru for me.

TJ
Old 12-29-2011, 4:32 PM

Figured out gmail. I had two have gmail do a two step password for apps.
go to gmail, then click the Accounts and Import tab
from there click Other Google Account settings
find Authorizing applications & sites click the edit to right
verify your password. then at the bottom name the app and then click Generate password.
Copy and paste it into two tone and it worked for me.

TJ
Old 12-29-2011, 6:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I think I found the bug that's causing some people to not get all of the items in the Config Edit window. If a system doesn't have any COM ports it would cause this issue. I've just posted v52a and v53a that I think should correct this. Let me know if it works or not if you've been having this problem.

I'm trying to reproduce the problem with v53 hanging up but so far it's been running fine for me. I'll keep trying.

Andy
Andy,

I use 3 comports for Ham Radio applications that run 24/7. COM 1 and 2 are on the motherboard and COM 3 is a USB to COM adapter. The program never seemed to know that the USB comport is in use and even now on this version 53a, but it does display all the fields when displaying the config info for the first time that I can remember. Also the comport for scanner control is unchecked.

Thank you for you work!!!

Ed
Old 12-29-2011, 9:22 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hi everyone,

Andy
My config window is now working Andy

Thanks and Happy New Year
Old 12-29-2011, 11:54 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,

Just to let you know I have had version 53 running for about 12 hours today and it has hung twice. Both times for no obvious reason. My debug window has been blank both times when it stopped working. Both times the audio bar was stuck to the right and it would not decode anything and the program did not say it was not responding. We have not received any pages today so I don't know what the hangup is.

Yesterday I ran multiple test pages to it and it never hung once until I left it alone and found it this morning hung up.

If you would like I can send you the tones file or config file so you can see if that is the problem or maybe be able to replicate the problem easier.

Thanks for all your hard work,

John
Old 12-30-2011, 6:16 AM

I have had V.53a up and running nonstop for 12+ hours and it's working great. I'm running it on XP service pack 3.

Thank you Andy for such a great program and service

TJ
Sponsored links
Old 12-31-2011, 10:21 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,
I am having trouble getting v53 and v53a running. Put in all the tone codes and amr email addresses and when I click on either the 53.exe or the debug.exe they freeze up before they open and the program wouldn't start. When I reset the tones back to the original programming, the program opened just fine. Any suggestions?

Justin
Old 01-01-2012, 4:10 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,

V53a froze again sometime last night I do have a screen shot of my debug log for you. See attached.

Thanks,
Attached Images

Old 01-01-2012, 8:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Andy,

V53a froze again sometime last night I do have a screen shot of my debug log for you. See attached.

Thanks,
Are you using the scanner control feature of the program?

For anyone else who is having problems with v53 hanging up, are you using the scanner control feature?

Thanks,

Andy
Old 01-01-2012, 8:25 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Andy,

I am not using the scanner control feature.

John
Old 01-01-2012, 10:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Andy,

Thanks,
I just posted v53b, which I think will fix this bug. I'm not sure if that's the root cause of other people's problems with v53 or not. Give it a spin and let me know.

Andy

Tags
twotonedetect