We need a pulldown list at the bottom of the page...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Contact

On most other forums I frequent, at the bottom of the thread, there is always a pull down list back to the main forum, and also to any other forum on the site.

On this forum, we have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page to get back to the main forum. Not a major deal, but it should be able to be easily fixed.

I can get pics of what I mean if it isn't clear enough, but looking at any other forum should explain what I mean fairly easy. :)

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Contact said:
On this forum, we have to scroll all the way back to the top of the page
Why not just hit your Home keyboard key and let the computer do the work? Should take the same amount of time as using a drop-down box.

JnglMassiv

I use Alt+left arrow on the keyboard to move back a page. If on my desktop, my browser permits mouse gestures. Left click and move mouse to the left is like pressing the 'Back page' button. I'd get annoyed trying to navigate my mouse pointer to a particular target on the bottom of a page.

Contact

Mainly because if there was a drop down menu, instead of traveling all the way back up to the top, we could click a button and take us back where we want to go....

...or if we want to hop to another subforum, we could also do it from the drop down menu. You're right, it's not 100% nessessary, but it's just an option that I've seen on every other forum I go to, and have came to use quite often and I think everyone could benifet from it. :D

Here's an example:

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'd say dump the "similar threads" (How is the official 246T thread similar to this??) and insert the drop-down box. Much more useful.

Maybe it's a version thing since they're running 3.6 and we're using 3.5.

D

DaveNF2G

How about a simple HTML "return to top of page" link? That's where all the menus are anyway.

Contact

DaveNF2G said:
How about a simple HTML "return to top of page" link? That's where all the menus are anyway.

Becuase the top of the page will not transfer us around the site. :wink:

Your suggestion (along with the current way of things) is simply adding an additional step. You're suggesting adding a link at the bottom which takes us to the top. If a link was al that was possible, I'd rather it link us back to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.