• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

11.220USB Aircraft emergency

Status
Not open for further replies.

nmelfi

Premium Subscriber
I am hearing this at 6:20 Eastern time definate military plane looking for a emergency landing. A captain talking to a Major but the signal is right at my noise floor so I cannot tell exactly what is on. Did catch talk about a field staying open past 1800 hours for a projected 1830 landing. Anyone in better weather able to here this so I know what is going on?

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Emergency

I am hearing this at 6:20 Eastern time definate military plane looking for a emergency landing. A captain talking to a Major but the signal is right at my noise floor so I cannot tell exactly what is on. Did catch talk about a field staying open past 1800 hours for a projected 1830 landing. Anyone in better weather able to here this so I know what is going on?
Nice Catch, I hope everything worked out for them, I have this is my list as,
11.2200 USB USAF Mystic Star Network
Steve

nmelfi

Premium Subscriber
The only thing I caught after my post was a partial tail number with was --154B then a thanks for all the help. So it sounds like all went well, but still a mystery as far as who and were.

xjf79

I think there was a bunch of us on #wunclub that logged Hazard-74
the other day talking to the major on 11.220mhz upper side band

comms were very readable here on the left coast

Status
Not open for further replies.