2/6/18 - EZ Scan Update - EOF Error fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaria

Thanks!

Should I first uninstall the current version of EZ Scan on my computer?

If I do that, I suspect it means I'll then have to download the stored contents of my TRX-1. Is that correct?

I just installed it without un-installing the old version. Worked fine for me.

Radiobern

Feed Provider
I'm running Windows 10 Pro on a Surface Pro 4 with a screen resolution of 2736 x 1824 and also have the issue of scaling/missing text. My fix was to right click on the executable, click on Properties, click on Compatibility, check "Override high DPI scaling behavior.", then select "System". This fixed the display issue for me.

I also noticed this new version takes a while to load once selected, much longer than before. I'm running a 6th generation i5 processor with 8 GB of RAM, so not the slowest out there.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
I just installed it without un-installing the old version. Worked fine for me.

The download was blocked at first by my web security program (Trend Micro Internet Security), but it seemed to proceed very quickly once I got past the warnings.

I checked for updates after the download was completed and was told I have the latest version available.

I haven't needed to update anything lately, so I'll see how all this works if/when I do.

Thanks for the help!

-Johnnie

radio123

I like radio
Down load

Why do we have to pretend to buy it?
I guess it is one way of acquiring a customer data base.
Seems uncomfortable.

momotych

Please check!

Please! Who wrote that "New EZscan works fine..." - please say how looks the screen ? In my case i cant see the right Edit Bar nor scrolling bar

Attachments

• EZScan.jpg
    EZScan.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 572

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
We are looking into some compatibility issues with some Win 10 operating systems and will have a universal fix after it has been tested on more PCs In the meantime please follow the steps below and it should correct many of the issues that have been reported with Win 10.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

spanner

Premium Subscriber
We are looking into some compatibility issues with some Win 10 operating systems and will have a universal fix after it has been tested on more PCs In the meantime please follow the steps below and it should correct many of the issues that have been reported with Win 10.

Right click on the shortcut and select Properties > Compatibility > and under settings check the box for Override high DPI scaling behavior, then select System in the drop down box and hit Apply.

Thank you, that brought the buttons for me!

Carl

dmaria

Hi Wendy,

What about all the antivirus hits a lot of people are getting?

dmaria

The download was blocked at first by my web security program (Trend Micro Internet Security), but it seemed to proceed very quickly once I got past the warnings.

I checked for updates after the download was completed and was told I have the latest version available.

I haven't needed to update anything lately, so I'll see how all this works if/when I do.

Thanks for the help!

-Johnnie

You are welcome.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
Having defender on Win 10 pro flag on the TRX-2 installer now, submitted it to MS for review and hopefully it will be seen it is a false positive.

VIrusTotal shows only 1-2 detections for each (well within false positive range but not knowing MS, because according to its review page it was only hitting on the cloud and not in the client).

Other then this and the bug i posted about on page 1 everything works fine.

Last edited:

lanemls

2/6/2018

Hi everyone -
Due to the change in SSL versions, please update your EZ-Scan software with this newest version.

Once you have downloaded and installed this version of EZ-Scan, all server based updates should work correctly.

All updates are available here -> https://whistlergroup.com/pages/downloads

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks,
Whistler Wendy
Just installed the update on both of my computers. ALL good to go! Thank you very much.

VA3SOM

Premium Subscriber
MS Reviewed the TRX-2 installer that was being detcted by defender, no malware detected so i guess next definitions it should not hit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.