• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

2012 Chevy Equinox Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
I felt like it was time for a little rearranging. It's nothing spectacular. No Jotto console or the like, the center console doesn't allow for that. But a Lido seat rail mount and extender plate handle the load fine.

FT-857D Control Head
HomePatrol-II
FT-8900R Control Head

The bodies for the ham rigs are below the passenger seat, hard-wired to the battery via a Blue Sea ST Blade Fuse Block. Not pictured is a Motorola M1225 4-channel UHF R-Split for FD/EMS comms that lives between the passenger seat and center console. I'll post more photos with the updated antenna set-up and all this weekend.

Attachments

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Looms nice what are using for antennas?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
HomePatrol-II is attached to the old reliable PulseLarsen NMO-150/450/800.
FT-857D is attached full-time via a hatchback lip mount to a Comet SS-460SB NMO Dual Bander, swapped to an ATAS-120A for HF.
FT-8900R is attached to a Motorola VHF 1/4 wave since it's primarily used for monitoring air band and railroad.
Motorola M1225 is attached to a Motorola UHF 1/4 wave.

Status
Not open for further replies.