2016 - MOSWIN-Missouri Statewide P25 - Sites/Talkgroups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Is Site 52 169.6500 1C4? TG 2005 MHP TRP A Dispatch 1. In the DB Jackson has it as 1CE. This site was 1C4 on the South side. Same CC 170.5125. Never was able to get the signal before in KS.

Last edited:

talkpair

Is Site 52 169.6500 1C4? TG 2005 MHP TRP A Dispatch 1. In the DB Jackson has it as 1CE. This site was 1C4 on the South side. Same CC 170.5125. Never was able to get the signal before in KS.
The site number/NAC/system ID should not be confused.
Site 24/NAC 1C4/System ID 1CE belong with the frequencies you listed.

Site 52 is a 700 mHz site, and not yet in the database.

KCoax

Premium Subscriber
Ah, yes. NAC and SysID. My badness. What freqs for 700mHz site?

Last edited:

kcbw

Try 770.93125 mHz.

That's the only piece of information I have.
I don't even know where it is located.

This is the new Holden site. I don't have an exact location, possibly 38.731607, -93.993701

scannerowner

So is it confirmed that there is a site in St. Joe or another area close to then since the site has neighbors of other close sites. I thought they were going to "tie in" St. Joe's 800 at some point, so it almost seems like it didn't really need to add a site there, in my opinion. I guess they have a better idea about what they're doing.

KC0UHS

I'm a MOSWIN rookie and need some advice on programming it into my BCD436HP. When I use the Sentinel utility to add departments (interested in the stuff around St. Charles Co), I get all of the sites around the state, and it appears the radio is scanning every site. What's the best way to narrow down the sites to the ones around me (O'Fallon)? Quick keys for each site? Avoids on the sites that I don't want? I assume either one would work.

Thanks... sincerely, a relatively inexperienced user.

I think this gent never got a response to his question, and I have the same type of question as he does. I live in Springfield, MO and would like to listen to Troop D Highway Patrol on my new BCD436HP. There are so many sites listed for MOSWIN, and I have no idea how to configure the Favorites list, system, department, etc on Sentinel. I do have a good grasp of how the programming works in Sentinel, and do have multiple trunked and conventional systems setup, just having a hard time with MOSWIN. Thanks for any advice anyone can give me, and hopefully the gent I quoted will get his question answered as well.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
One suggestion is using a map figure which sites are close to you and then figure out what sites you can recieve and go from there.

BaLa

Anybody hearing the DEA KC Ops
TG 23380

Sounds like there's maybe a Helipcopter following a Car or something, keep calling out his postion, and turns he's making.
The Chopper is in the Clear, couple other Units, one of which is ENC.

Pretty sure they're up in KC area.
So suprised I'm hearing them on Bates Co Tower.

Don't think I'm giving much away here.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Listening to Troop D is actually very easy. And once you get the sites programmed, you will have a blast. I do not own the newer Uniden scanners but this should help you. In the frequency and site data base for MOSWIN look for the county/counties that are near you. Program those (for starters) and that should give you good reception for Troop D. Very little distortion and great distance reception for Troop D.

wb0wao

Bit of info.... yesterday evening I heard some traffic on TG 4, which is Troop C: DDCC, on the Cape tower. Couple of units chatting back and forth with a couple of mentions about "road rage" and the "long drive back". Sounded like they were on I-55 in transit going north. Never heard any traffic on any DDCC TG before and obviously it wasn't encrypted!

Being in Region E, the only reason I have any Region C TG's programmed is that from time to time Troop C traffic is on the Cape site (it is a "neighbor" to the Farrar site). Because of this, I think I may need to load up some additional out of Region TG's into my default MOSWIN system. I'm thinking all of the Regions DDCC, Aviation, Travel, and Troop Q TG's.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
You could also put that system in the SEARCH mode. You may be amazed what you might pick up that way. Every now and then I pick up Sikeston PD in the St Louis area. Probably the same situation you are having. Probably a prisoner transport and when the car/radio is on and up this way it is logging on to the sites up here. A lot of possibilities.

mgolden2

You could also put that system in the SEARCH mode. You may be amazed what you might pick up that way. Every now and then I pick up Sikeston PD in the St Louis area. Probably the same situation you are having. Probably a prisoner transport and when the car/radio is on and up this way it is logging on to the sites up here. A lot of possibilities.
You're hearing the Travel talkgroups.

Matt

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I dont remember the TG's specific but what I sometimes hear is day to day police operations. Traffic stops, disturbances, etc. So it could be travel TG's too.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
Troop F Command Post In Montgomery County

Hey just wanted to make everyone aware that right now Troop F and other agency's are looking for a man who killed 3 people today so far. The Command Post is using Troop F Dispatch 3 to corridinate there operations on you can also look on the Breaking news information for more information on the incident.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday afternoon in the St Louis area heard normal/routine radio traffic on TG 3402 Sikeston PD Dispatch for about 30 minutes. I get this every now and then. Not sure if the radio involved was supposed to be on the travel channel or if there is something else going on. Either way it is nice to know that MOSWIN is so clear for so many miles across the state!

wb0wao

Probably one of the "command staff" going to St. Louis for one reason or the other in their issued cars - or it could have been a transport run. They probably wouldn't use the 6702 Travel TG, but stay on DPS Main - this would be in line with the way the department operates IMHO. I hear them rather frequently down here on the Cape and Benton sites. I have heard the Scott Co. SO on 6702, but never Sikeston DPS.

17TLS02

Premium Subscriber
Current Highway Patrol Radio Identifiers

Hey does someone know what the current radio identifiers are like the 700's could be commercial vehicle patrol does someone know these radio identifiers like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.