CT CMED Call Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

iowa9015

Sorry if I put this under the wrong category, wasn't sure where it would belong.

I'm wondering if anybody has any information on the identifiers that EMS use on CMED, particularly for Northwest and South Central CMED. I've found a few older threads with some information, but not much. I feel like I've heard Waterbury AMR cars call as "26-A-##"? I know that Trinity cars call over both CMED channels as "Trinity #" but it's hard to follow what others call as. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to grasp an understanding of who is calling CMED.

Thanks!

Reconrider

iowa9015

That is the older thread that I found, I'm wondering if anything has changed since then or if anyone has any more information at all.

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
For the most part that is current. Not much has really changed. I can’t speak in terms of North West. But for South Central, and South West nothing has changed much…… except South Central CMED closed and is now called MEDCOM. And they are nowhere near the same height as SC used to be.

900mhz

For the most part that is current. Not much has really changed. I can’t speak in terms of North West. But for South Central, and South West nothing has changed much…… except South Central CMED closed and is now called MEDCOM. And they are nowhere near the same height as SC used to be.
Thank God...because the politics out of the City of New Haven is nauseating

iowa9015

Do you know what the Waterbury AMR cars identify as on CMED?

nhfdcadet

Premium Subscriber
Sorry if I put this under the wrong category, wasn't sure where it would belong.

I'm wondering if anybody has any information on the identifiers that EMS use on CMED, particularly for Northwest and South Central CMED. I've found a few older threads with some information, but not much. I feel like I've heard Waterbury AMR cars call as "26-A-##"? I know that Trinity cars call over both CMED channels as "Trinity #" but it's hard to follow what others call as. Any information would be greatly appreciated, I'm just trying to grasp an understanding of who is calling CMED.

Thanks!
Waterbury AMR and trinity units just use their car numbers

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
In New London County they announce the department they are with and their unit ... Flanders B200, New London A100, Gardner Lake 527, etc etc ...

firebuff17

Premium Subscriber
You mean plain English?!?!? What a novel concept. I am a big fan of plain English. Causes less confusion or questions.

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
What changed? I only started listening to a scanner after it became MEDCOM.
I'm one-sided because I was Dispatcher 296 at CMED-NH for a number of years.

CMED NH when it was started on the 1970s was ahead of its time, as were the other C-MED centers in the state. The thing with us, we pretty much controlled all the regional coordination hands on for 19 towns (in New Haven County plus Shelton). All of our radio towers were strategically located through the region. MED 10 was the "Dispatch" channel and Meds 1 through 8 were the patch / tac channels. We also experimented with MEDs 11 through 14 as additional MED Channels (which worked in my opinion). Certain MED 1 - 8 channels were repeated depending on the tower location and when we wanted them to be. Also, we could patch you to any hospital over any Med channel. So if you were in Guilford and a patient wanted to go to Griffin in Derby, we could hook up Griffin to the MED 2 tower located out in Guilford.

When things got rough with available AMR ambulances for say New Haven, we knew and coordinated all the mutual aid ambulance coming into the city from the surrounding private, volunteer and municipal services. We ran the South Central Fire Intercity (154.295 PL 107.2) roll call. We also direct dispatched for several EMS and FD agencies in the region. We did have some fun too, had to break up the chaos, except when "Peace Frog" was played over MED 10 (Blood in the Streets in the Town of New Haven) then the chaos ensued lol).

When I started working there, I was actually a City of New Haven employee, we were part of their emergency management / fire service departments for lack of an easier explanation. We were semi-autonomous because we were a regional asset and became autonomous a couple years later as a regional service of the South Central COG (some things still went through the City though as they were basically our "caretaker"). I left in 2007 when I got appointed at my current employer but stayed on part-time for a few years, working when I could. Unfortunately things changed on the administration side. Long story short, some "politicos" we'll call them for short, stuck their noses in and started counting money, "why are we paying this much for..." They also had other "special interests" connections too. Well they privatized C-MED into MECOMM with AMR and Region 2 South Central got split up between other dispatch centers covering the hospitals in our region closest to them. And laid off all my friend who still continued to provide their great service despite the odds.

And now listening to MEDCOMM, they are doing exactly what C-MED NH was established to prevent from happening. And people are starting to realize it. Unfortunately, nothing will change until the right people get involved. We were REGIONAL and CONSOLIDATED before those were the keywords in this state. People who know me, know I can be outspoken on this issue. I'm just thankful they respect my opinion because I sat in the dungeon, 20 feet under ground, looking up at a "dead persons ass" (one of our jokes) and understood what my job was. I worked with the best both in the center and out in the field. For that I grateful knowing my voice guided a lot of responders where they needed to go.

CentracomGold

I'm one-sided because I was Dispatcher 296 at CMED-NH for a number of years.

CMED NH when it was started on the 1970s was ahead of its time, as were the other C-MED centers in the state. The thing with us, we pretty much controlled all the regional coordination hands on for 19 towns (in New Haven County plus Shelton). All of our radio towers were strategically located through the region. MED 10 was the "Dispatch" channel and Meds 1 through 8 were the patch / tac channels. We also experimented with MEDs 11 through 14 as additional MED Channels (which worked in my opinion). Certain MED 1 - 8 channels were repeated depending on the tower location and when we wanted them to be. Also, we could patch you to any hospital over any Med channel. So if you were in Guilford and a patient wanted to go to Griffin in Derby, we could hook up Griffin to the MED 2 tower located out in Guilford.

When things got rough with available AMR ambulances for say New Haven, we knew and coordinated all the mutual aid ambulance coming into the city from the surrounding private, volunteer and municipal services. We ran the South Central Fire Intercity (154.295 PL 107.2) roll call. We also direct dispatched for several EMS and FD agencies in the region. We did have some fun too, had to break up the chaos, except when "Peace Frog" was played over MED 10 (Blood in the Streets in the Town of New Haven) then the chaos ensued lol).

When I started working there, I was actually a City of New Haven employee, we were part of their emergency management / fire service departments for lack of an easier explanation. We were semi-autonomous because we were a regional asset and became autonomous a couple years later as a regional service of the South Central COG (some things still went through the City though as they were basically our "caretaker"). I left in 2007 when I got appointed at my current employer but stayed on part-time for a few years, working when I could. Unfortunately things changed on the administration side. Long story short, some "politicos" we'll call them for short, stuck their noses in and started counting money, "why are we paying this much for..." They also had other "special interests" connections too. Well they privatized C-MED into MECOMM with AMR and Region 2 South Central got split up between other dispatch centers covering the hospitals in our region closest to them. And laid off all my friend who still continued to provide their great service despite the odds.

And now listening to MEDCOMM, they are doing exactly what C-MED NH was established to prevent from happening. And people are starting to realize it. Unfortunately, nothing will change until the right people get involved. We were REGIONAL and CONSOLIDATED before those were the keywords in this state. People who know me, know I can be outspoken on this issue. I'm just thankful they respect my opinion because I sat in the dungeon, 20 feet under ground, looking up at a "dead persons ass" (one of our jokes) and understood what my job was. I worked with the best both in the center and out in the field. For that I grateful knowing my voice guided a lot of responders where they needed to go.
Well Said!!! It was a pleasure working on the "other end of the hotline" with all of you guys down there.

Status
Not open for further replies.