450.225 IFB

N9JIG

Sheriff
While out and about in the far West Valley (Surprise area) today I got a CloseCall hit on 450.225, DPL 306. It was obviously an IFB operation but I could barely hear the broadcast as the level was so low. I could clearly hear two guys talking back and forth however. The language was NSFW for sure, so I imagine if the talent was listening while on the air they would have certainly reacted.

I could not find anything on it in the database so if anyone has an idea please let us know.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
IFB is generally one-way, with the talent in the field talking back over the remote broadcast frequency, or via a separate channel to the TOC or the desk. It could be two-way, I suppose, if it’s configured that way; that just hasn’t been my experience. Shucks, I didn’t think anyone even used UHF for IFB anymore.

At any rate, I’m not hearing anything in Sun City this morning, but I will keep listening and see if I can pick it up.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I suspect they were doing a remote in the area someplace at the time. It seemed to get weaker in the Parada area as I headed west.

mikegilbert

MHz so good
You might hearing a remote feed from a TV trailer. They'll patch the intercom feed to a mobile radio mounted in the rack of the truck. The parabolic mic guys carry 2-way radios to hear the director / A1 during a game.

Were there any professional sports events around the time you heard it?

W5KK

The lack of finding a license could be explained by short term operations provisions of part 74.24 where, with frequency coordination, a broadcast licensee, network, or cable system can use a frequency for 720 hours per year without a part 74 license.