450.2875 PL 107.2 new baofeng/retrvis freq?

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
greetings all.
I've done the search in RR for above Freq get the hits for IFB reporter earpieces, I think there was a hit for a Newyork media outlet

In Tampa Bay - North Tarpon I'm picking up a woman as base and a man as mobile. there is no communication that sounds even close to news media. the woman at base is often reaching out to the mobile because she's hungry or thirsty. dogs barking and a tv can often be heard in her background. one transmission she was telling the mobile that one of the dogs got into a colostomy bag and was eating its contents................that's.........really...........nasty.
my guess is this woman is disabled at home and her husband take care of her.

I'm wondering if this is a new baufeng/retervis commercial type radio default channel.

can you all give a listen around Florida to see if you get hits on this freq/pl combo? I searched my entire Tampa Bay and beyond history and I only get hits in 2023 so this is new.

ecps92

greetings all.
I've done the search in RR for above Freq get the hits for IFB reporter earpieces, I think there was a hit for a Newyork media outlet

In Tampa Bay - North Tarpon I'm picking up a woman as base and a man as mobile. there is no communication that sounds even close to news media. the woman at base is often reaching out to the mobile because she's hungry or thirsty. dogs barking and a tv can often be heard in her background. one transmission she was telling the mobile that one of the dogs got into a colostomy bag and was eating its contents................that's.........really...........nasty.
my guess is this woman is disabled at home and her husband take care of her.

I'm wondering if this is a new baufeng/retervis commercial type radio default channel.

can you all give a listen around Florida to see if you get hits on this freq/pl combo? I searched my entire Tampa Bay and beyond history and I only get hits in 2023 so this is new.
likely your local Beasley Radio group from Naples - try the FM Radio band

radioman2008

Premium Subscriber
Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
If not a cheap Chinese radio default freq, plausible this would be a former employee using the freq. We had a guy who was a HAM who conducted all sorts of shenanigans on the station freq and no doubt it's still in his portable.

For what it's worth, not a whole lot of IFB usage via radio in Tampa Bay Area. WFLA pumps out IFB only when Eagle 8 needs it, BN9 has a continuous IFB transmission that no one over there knows it exists, and the other three big stations use radio solely for shared chopper dispatching and flight following. IFB is almost entirely done via cellular. We don't even have radios in our news vehicles where I work anymore.

Ive heard nothing from the radio stations but CWID.

radioman2008

Premium Subscriber
If not a cheap Chinese radio default freq, plausible this would be a former employee using the freq. We had a guy who was a HAM who conducted all sorts of shenanigans on the station freq and no doubt it's still in his portable.

For what it's worth, not a whole lot of IFB usage via radio in Tampa Bay Area. WFLA pumps out IFB only when Eagle 8 needs it, BN9 has a continuous IFB transmission that no one over there knows it exists, and the other three big stations use radio solely for shared chopper dispatching and flight following. IFB is almost entirely done via cellular. We don't even have radios in our news vehicles where I work anymore.

Ive heard nothing from the radio stations but CWID.
in 2019 I had hits of 2 GMRS users near me full scale, i made notes of the callsign they were using, and my scanner recorded a few of thier transmissions. I just reviewed the 2019 audio on 462.725 141.3 its the same lady, asking for food, complaining about health issues.

so we are dealing with some GMRS users, no longer in GMRS. I made a note of the callsign, just looked it up and the callsign is active until 2031, near me.

im still curious tho, if they are from the news industry, or perhaps a new chinese radio or just GMRS users wanting a more private freq..

ill keep listening.

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Just FYI: A local car wash was found to be using 450.225 with a DPL of 023. They were using Baofeng BF-888s radios. It turns out that this was a default frequency pre-programmed into this particular model of radio. Of course they weren't authorized for that IFB frequency. They have since switched to different radios using GMRS.

RFI-EMI-GUY

in 2019 I had hits of 2 GMRS users near me full scale, i made notes of the callsign they were using, and my scanner recorded a few of thier transmissions. I just reviewed the 2019 audio on 462.725 141.3 its the same lady, asking for food, complaining about health issues.

so we are dealing with some GMRS users, no longer in GMRS. I made a note of the callsign, just looked it up and the callsign is active until 2031, near me.

im still curious tho, if they are from the news industry, or perhaps a new chinese radio or just GMRS users wanting a more private freq..

ill keep listening.
Could be you are getting some sort of image or spurious response from GMRS