Priority Dispatch Corporation Dismisses Lawsuit Against RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay Blanton

ve3vav

Priority Dispatch Corporation Dismisses Lawsuit Against RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay Blanton

4/7/2023 – San Antonio, Texas – Medical Priority Consultants, DBA Priority Dispatch Corporation has voluntarily dismissed the copyright lawsuit against RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay Blanton.

In September 2022, Medical Priority Consultants filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against RadioReference.com LLC and its principal, Lindsay C. Blanton III, in the U.S. District Court of Utah, alleging that RadioReference.com LLC infringed Priority Dispatch Corporation’s copyrights regarding their dispatch determinant codes and descriptions that were posted by RadioReference users in the RadioReference.com Wiki.

RadioReference.com LLC believes that neither it nor its users infringed Priority Dispatch’s alleged copyrights in the material that was posted on the RadioReference Wiki page. It also did not seem appropriate for Priority Dispatch to personally name Lindsay Blanton in its lawsuit. For business reasons, however, RadioReference decided not to litgate the matter further.

RadioReference.com LLC spent in excess of $78,000 in legal fees to defend against this lawsuit before it was settled.

The settlement agreement is confidential and Radioreference and Lindsay Blanton are prohibited from publicly commenting further.

A link to the publicly-filed documents in the case may be found here:

Hey can we use AI to replicate their info Just asking 😂

APX7500X2

Is Priority Dispatch Corporation going to make every dispatch center, and every employee of that dispatch center, who uses their product sign a non-disclosure agreement? Of course, they aren't.
When you take the class you sign a form saying you can never say a bad word about them in any way and also you will not release any priority dispatch confidential information.
So if your job hinges on you having EMD from them and you say something bad they can pull your certification and in effect get you fired, and make sure you can't get hired at any other center that requires Priority dispatch EMD

They and their system, in my opinion, are big piles of poop and I think with what they just tried here, they have backed up my opinion

YalekW

When you take the class you sign a form saying you can never say a bad word about them in any way and also you will not release any priority dispatch confidential information.
So if your job hinges on you having EMD from them and you say something bad they can pull your certification and in effect get you fired, and make sure you can't get hired at any other center that requires Priority dispatch EMD

They and their system, in my opinion, are big piles of poop and I think with what they just tried here, they have backed up my opinion
Man, based on reading your words below your comments you dont sound at most legitimate to what this whole thing is about. "sometimes I answer out of place" << you certainly did with this comment. "I block a lot of the radio police guys". "If it looks like im not answering your comment or question, you might be a radio cop". That just spills....utter trash.....leaving this at that... lol.

APX7500X2

Man, based on reading your words below your comments you dont sound at most legitimate to what this whole thing is about. "sometimes I answer out of place" << you certainly did with this comment. "I block a lot of the radio police guys". "If it looks like im not answering your comment or question, you might be a radio cop". That just spills....utter trash.....leaving this at that... lol.
Oh you are one of those people that has issues understanding whit and sarcasm
Its ok little buddy, you'll get it some day, Don't stop trying :)

I was EMD/EPD/EFD/ED-Q Certified with them for 10 years at a Dispatch center that dispatched for over 20 Police/Fire/EMS services
and processed over 30k 911 calls a year, so i know a little about them ;)

YalekW

Oh you are one of those people that has issues understanding whit and sarcasm
Its ok little buddy, you'll get it some day, Don't stop trying :)

I was EMD/EPD/EFD/ED-Q Certified with them for 10 years at a Dispatch center that dispatched for over 20 Police/Fire/EMS services
and processed over 30k 911 calls a year, so i know a little about them ;)
yeah, its one of my traits dude. My apologies. Im more or less, literal. XD.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I believe that any system, when used by a public entity such as a government-funded 911 communications center, should immediately become part of the public domain. While I understand Priority Dispatch Corporation's concerns over intellectual property, the simple fact their product is used by many dispatch centers worldwide makes it highly likely it will be floating around the internet. Is Priority Dispatch Corporation going to make every dispatch center, and every employee of that dispatch center, who uses their product sign a non-disclosure agreement? Of course, they aren't.

There was never any intent for Radio Reference LLC or Lindsay Blanton to ever violate Priority Dispatch Corporation's copyright or product. Radio Reference is an information site, no different than Wikipedia, yet the same information posted on Radio Reference's Wiki section is publicly available on Wikipedia (Link below).

Link: Wikipedia: Medical Priority Dispatch System
There was a push by APCO and NPSTK to use plain language in all dispatches for mutual aid purposes. You cant have one dispatch center using proprietary codes and expect roamers and others from another jurisdiction to use same codes.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Yeah, that is suspicious right off the bat. I would not buy a car from those people....