Dallas FD Ch 4

Scottm467

I keep hearing Dallas FD advising units to respond on Channel 4. Can someone please tell me what talk group that is on the new system?
Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I keep hearing Dallas FD advising units to respond on Channel 4. Can someone please tell me what talk group that is on the new system?
Thanks
See this post in the longer DFR Trunked System thread. That's indicating that what they are calling "channel 4" is actually EMS Dispatch Ch 2, TGID 32004. I've logged quite a few hits and audio files on this TGID..

However, where I am hearing them most consistently, when told to go to 'Channel 4 for response' is 451.150, listed as Dallas FD3, "Units to shop & major incidents". I've got more hits on this than the TG 32004, but that may be because the the two different scanners creating logs are programmed a little differently.

So far, I'm not seeing them using Talkgroups 32009 to 32012, which are tagged as Tac A thru Tac D.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
The RRDB is your friend….

320087d08TDFD Comm 4Command 4Fire-Tac
However this is incorrect. I mentioned this before Dallas Fire - Trunked System Rollout 2022
Dallas is still using the UHF and the NTIRN system.
So when they say go to channel 4 its corresponding to their UHF channel four which is the admin channel and that is EMS 2 on the NTIRN system.
DFR 1 UHF = Dallas fire 1 NTIRN
DFR 2 UHF = Dallas fire 2 NTIRN
DFR 3 UHF = Dallas EMS 1 NTIRN
DFR 4 UHF = Dallas EMS 2 NTIRN

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
Are any apparatus still on the UHF system? I could see them using the "old" channel numbers until all are move to NTIRN.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
The RRDB is your friend….

320087d08TDFD Comm 4Command 4Fire-Tac
Yeah, but they are actually using TGID 32004 (on NTIRN), which is listed as EMS Dispatch 2, and patching it to DFD3,the 'shops' frequency. As someone else had noted, that may be the 4th channel in their radio, even though it's not actually tagged as Ch 4.

Apparently, they are lagging behind with training & getting everyone up to speed on the trunked system, since they're not even scratching the surface of what's configured. Of course, the ransomware recovery is still incomplete for many areas of city government, including public safety. They are still saying that full recovery may drag out for another month or more.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Are any apparatus still on the UHF system? I could see them using the "old" channel numbers until all are move to NTIRN.
Most are on the NTIRN system. If you are monitoring that, and you hear a unit key up that is muffled or has audio not like the others, they are likely on UHF.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Most are on the NTIRN system. If you are monitoring that, and you hear a unit key up that is muffled or has audio not like the others, they are likely on UHF.
To add slightly to that:
I have one of my 436HPs set aside to monitor NTIRN & looking for any new talkgroups.

I'm still seeing a fair number of transmissions on NTIRN that do not show any UID. Some of those could be because the scanner got to conversation a bit late, and missed the UID. Most of the time, though, I generally see at least one UID on traffic that was probably initiated in NTIRN, whether it's one of the UIDs that are "660" (dispatch), or one of the field units. When time permits, I have been trying to nail down UIDs by the related apparatus or person. I have a little over 200 loaded in the list I'm using on that assigned 436HP.

chrisivc

Premium Subscriber
Quick Question- Is there a DFR fireground TG on NTIRN? (this is/was a Simplex frequency (465.6375) on channel 12 on the UHF radios).

I was secretly hoping that the NTIRN system would have a set of fireground channnels for DFR that go through a repeater like most other agencies. Even without it going through a repeater, you would think they would have a new simplex P25 fireground TG for interoperability with other agencies that may provide mutal aide.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Quick Question- Is there a DFR fireground TG on NTIRN? (this is/was a Simplex frequency (465.6375) on channel 12 on the UHF radios).

I was secretly hoping that the NTIRN system would have a set of fireground channnels for DFR that go through a repeater like most other agencies. Even without it going through a repeater, you would think they would have a new simplex P25 fireground TG for interoperability with other agencies that may provide mutal aide.
DFR is a long way from fully converting to, and using all of the options available on the trunked system.

There are currently four channels that likely would be used as repeated fireground channels- Tac A through Tac D.
1685656115035.png
The four listed Command channels could also be utilized at a major incident.

Currently, units responding to a structure fire are instructed to go to "Channel 4". What they are using as 'Channel 4' is TGID 32004, labeled as EMS Dispatch 2. Those conversations are also patched to DFD 3 Shop on the legacy Uhf channels.

As far as working with other agencies, I don't know if there is a P25 simplex channel loaded on their field radios. More likely, those type of conversations would be on one of the designated Interop talkgroups. All of the local systems have a block of Interop TGIDs. Any 'cross-system' traffic should be on one of those,

While you could have a P25 Phase I simplex channel (again, I don't know that any are actually set up), a Phase II simplex is not possible. As Phase II is accomplished by splitting radio transmissions into two slots, with conversations on each slot splitting transmissions.

Harold

Premium Subscriber

Being that I am in Tarrant County I too am hoping they will utilize talkgroups on the System for fireground ops. It is still very early in the transition and roll out of the new radios, companies are still checking out at the radio shop regularly. I am willing to bet as time goes by they will introduce new training and protocols for communications and we will eventually have fireground ops on the system.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Being that I am in Tarrant County I too am hoping they will utilize talkgroups on the System for fireground ops. It is still very early in the transition and roll out of the new radios, companies are still checking out at the radio shop regularly. I am willing to bet as time goes by they will introduce new training and protocols for communications and we will eventually have fireground ops on the system.
Also, don't forget that Dallas is still a long ways away from fully recovering on the ransomware incident. While no one is giving a specific completion date on recovery, there are more than a few indicators that this will take additional weeks, and probably months, to fully recover. A couple of days ago, 660 (dispatch) was querying an engine company on their status & location. The reply was that their 'MDT was out of service and the radio shop does not know how to fix it'. (Yes, that is the exact wordage used.)

From story update posted on the DallasNews page earlier today, city staff & council members are being told to virtually say 'no comment' to inquiries about the ransomware incident & the response.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
DFR is a long way from fully converting to, and using all of the options available on the trun

Currently, units responding to a structure fire are instructed to go to "Channel 4". What they are using as 'Channel 4' is TGID 32004, labeled as EMS Dispatch 2. Those conversations are also patched to DFD 3 Shop on the legacy Uhf channels.

As far as working with other agencies, I don't know if there is a P25 simplex channel loaded on their field radios. More likely, those type of conversations would be on one of the designated Interop talkgroups. All of the local systems have a block of Interop TGIDs. Any 'cross-system' traffic should be on one of those,

While you could have a P25 Phase I simplex channel (again, I don't know that any are actually set up), a Phase II simplex is not possible. As Phase II is accomplished by splitting radio transmissions into two slots, with conversations on each slot splitting transmissions.
Close,
DFR 4 UHF is patched with EMS 2 on NTIRN
DFR 3 UHF is patched with EMS 1 on NTIRN

Conventional P25 is different than Trunking P25. Trunking has Phase 1 and 2 while conventional is 1 single P25 channel operating in 12.5khz spacing. You can use radio ID and Talk Groups on P25 conventional.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
I heard a little fire ground activity on DFR last week on UHF 12. But I am hearing more and more on TAC A. I heard some weird stuff that has me puzzled, Rescue 84 checking out of service with 660 on Biotel 2. Odd.