AF1 will land at Columbia Metropolitan Airport (KCAE)

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
On Saturday, January 27th and Sunday, January 28th, the President will visit South Carolina, AF1 will land at Columbia Metropolitan Airport (KCAE), Eagle Aviation, West Columbia, SC about 3:50 PM ET Saturday.

Look for numerous temporary road closures through the weekend, and increased radio traffic on local, county and state systems, don't forget to monitor the airport police traffic as well. Just a side note, for those thinking USSS traffic is always encrypted, during the Raleigh visit there was one radio that was in the clear, so don't rule those frequencies out, especially channels Sierra, Oscar, Charlie and others. Please share what you hear, clear or encrypted with others.

AF1 Landing at RDU about a week ago (photo taken by me)

DSC_8212.JPG

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
As a preview, the First Lady will arrive at Columbia Metropolitan Airport in West Columbia, South Carolina, at 3:45 PM, on Friday the 26th. While in South Carolina, the First Lady will participate in two political events before heading to Florida and Houston over the weekend.

evan

Database Admin
These are always very fun visits to listen to, and I always try to see the motorcade when I can (I think I have seen at least 10 at this point). I've gathered a lot of "intel" over the years about how things are typically done-routes taken, comms, vehicles, aircraft, etc.

During the recent VP visit and the Trump visit to the USC game, all USSS channels I came across were P25 encrypted but I will definitely keep listening out. I actually took the SDS100 into the football game with headphones and used closecall.

Also SLED has been flying around Columbia in a new 2023 big Bell helo N600SC. Look for it this weekend.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
For those near the Columbia SC area, don't forget milair for CAP refueling and air to air for fighters. Looks like your first tanker may be NICE11/BACKY95 AE5FA5 21-46058 B762 out of Seymour Johnson (KGSB).

Huntress is usually heard on 260.900 AM, with violators being called on 121.500 AM. Please post any AR or A-A freqs you hear.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
As a preview, the First Lady will arrive at Columbia Metropolitan Airport in West Columbia, South Carolina, at 3:45 PM, on Friday the 26th. While in South Carolina, the First Lady will participate in two political events before heading to Florida and Houston over the weekend.
Schedule released for First Lady visit Friday...

At 4:45 PM, the First Lady will arrive at Columbia Metropolitan Airport in West Columbia, South Carolina.
At 5:30 PM, the First Lady will participate in a political event in Columbia, South Carolina.
At 8:45 PM, the First Lady will deliver remarks at the annual Pink Ice Gala hosted by the Gamma Nu Omega Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Incorporated in Columbia, South Carolina.

evan

Database Admin
The Flight Restriction shows both Saturday and Sunday. Is he spending the night? Does anybody know where? If you have any details and don't want to post publicly, would appreciate PMs. Thanks.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
The Flight Restriction shows both Saturday and Sunday. Is he spending the night? Does anybody know where? If you have any details and don't want to post publicly, would appreciate PMs. Thanks.

Yes, he is remaining overnight in the Columbia SC area.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
EXEC1F 02-0202 arriving at RDU Airport this afternoon, before heading to Columbia.

DSC_9007.JPGDSC_9008.JPGDSC_9086.JPG

Greeted by Congresswomen Debra Price, and the Mayor of Durham, NC Gov flew with her from Winston-Salem

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Schedule for the weekend released, happy listening everyone.

Saturday, January 27, 2024
2:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route Columbia, SC
3:50 PM THE PRESIDENT arrives Columbia Metro Airport, West Columbia, SC
6:45 PM THE PRESIDENT delivers remarks South Carolina State Fairgrounds, Columbia, SC

Sunday, January 28, 2024
10:00 AM THE PRESIDENT participates in a political event at St. John the Baptist Church, Columbia, SC
3:55 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Columbia Metro Airport, West Columbia, SC en route to Joint Base Andrews
5:30 PM THE PRESIDENT departs Joint Base Andrews en route to the South Lawn

evan

Database Admin
For the FLOTUS visit, USSS Papa (164.400) and Charlie (165.375) both active. Papa seemed to be used by motorcade. Charlie on site. Both P25 encrypted with some unencrypted traffic on Charlie.