Akron / Summit

Status
Not open for further replies.

85chevy4x4

Cool, that's one of the talkgroups I found but couldn't figure out. Also, listen to 35248. I beleive this may be the City of Tallmadge Street Dept, I heard someone mention "the circle" . I know they just got digital radios, and I also know they have several talkgroups in their radios, so there will be several new IDs popping up on wild cards.

85chevy4x4

Just a quick question, the Tallmadge PD/FD talkgroups are all in the 35xxx range of numbers, as well as the new Service talkgroup. Will all City of Tallmadge Talkgroups be somewhere with 35xxx range? I'd just like to know because if so it will be easier to ID their other talkgroups.

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I would not count on using what talkgroups a new one is near to determine who is the user of an unidentified one. It is true that many are located together. There are gaps in that logic.

Take a look at Summit 800 sorted in List All mode.

You'll see that Valley, Penninsula, and Norton all have their talkgroups together. That is not the same for Green, New Franklin, and Tallmadge. Those three communities are intermixed.

My best advise would be patience. Listen for familiar voices. Listen for conversations to move to and from the unidentified channel.

Use software (unitrunker, etc) that can track what radios are using what talkgroups. That might give an indication, but is not the true answer. A hiccup in reception could cause a slight change in the decoding. Plus, many communities have each others talkgroups. Springfield Twp has some APD talkgroups, for example.

dizwiz

last night I heard someone on TG 50864 talking about whether or not to cancel the fireworks (akron?) show due to the weather. They decided to keep the show going on.

hogwmn

Premium Subscriber
akron police

why cant i hear the akron police on my scanner any more.. on my pro2096 radio ? did they move or something ?

MotorolaDave

ok thanks for the head up .. anyone find where cuyahoga falls police at let me know plz !!

I'm in Cuyahoga Falls now, and hearing lots of traffic on both APD dispatch channels and all Cuyahoga Falls channels.

I don't know about the system problems that were mentioned last night, as I was out and didn't have my radio with me.

Nasby

I'm receiving both Cuyahoga Falls and Akron PD/FD just fine.
And I live 15 miles away.

SCPD

QRT
No I can't - I can't hear the system in my location. The link I provided above should show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.