Alinco 222/900 MHz HT Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm picking one of these up at HRO tomorrow btw in Sunnyvale (they just got them in for people who preordered - i dont know fi they have them generally available).

Anyway the Alinco site says 2.5W on high on 902, 5W on 220

DJ-G29 Detail information

I'm thinking thats a *little* light, depending on the antenna (but many motorola commercial radios do 2.5W too, so its not out of the range of possibility).

Anyway we have a lot of 900 machines in the Bay Area so i'll be trying it out...

k6ozy

Premium Subscriber
got mine yesterday at PHX HRO. Great little radio. Works fine on all our local repeaters. The unit is only 2.5w when on external DC power. It's 1.7w with the LiIon battery on 33cm. The display is killer. Better than my VX-8DR.

Last edited:
got mine yesterday at PHX HRO. Great little radio. Works fine on all our local repeaters. The unit is only 2.5w when on external DC power. It's 1.7w with the LiIon battery on 33cm. The display is killer. Better than my VX-8DR.

Cool! Thanks for the first impressions. I have been anxiously waiting for this to come out. Now that we are starting to get some good, real-world feedback, I feel better about buying one. What was the sticker price on yours?

k6ozy

Premium Subscriber
Cool! Thanks for the first impressions. I have been anxiously waiting for this to come out. Now that we are starting to get some good, real-world feedback, I feel better about buying one. What was the sticker price on yours?
I paid $349.99. I also got the dry cell battery box for $24.99.

Antenna connector

I like the screen prints of the radio.
So what's the antenna connector on top?
If I bought one, I would need to run an external antenna to make the machines here in Detroit.

N2MWE

Premium Subscriber
According to Universal, the antenna is an SMA. Wyandotte, when you're looking at 2.5 watts for 900 MHz, I would say you might need at least something by a window...but your mileage might vary.There are two machines near Detroit, one being in Pontiac.

Status
Not open for further replies.