Another new LTR system in Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

16b

Premium Subscriber
Columbus Public Schools, on VHF. So far, the only frequencies I have discovered are the two that they used to use in convential mode.

LCN 01: 154.055
LCN 05: 155.115

So far I have found two "channels," which are each comprised of two different groups. The base stations transmit on one group and the buses transmit on another. I have never seen an arrangement like this on an LTR system personally, but I know that it is common for LTR radios to be able to transmit and receive on different groups. This setup seems to be so that the bus drivers cannot hear each other (whether this is just to reduce the radio traffic over the bus radios or for other purposes I do not know).

The channels that I have discovered so far are:
01-101 (base) paired with 01-150 (buses)
05-101 (base) paired with 05-150 (buses)

I have not heard anything other than bus related traffic yet, but I haven't listened a ton (I'm sure it's there). Also, I'm wondering if there are more frequencies in this system. The FCC database still shows the two frequencies above as conventional repeaters.

My Internet connection croaked about the time that I was submitting this to the database, so if one of the db admins wouldn't mind shooting me a PM to let me know if it didn't come through, I would appreciate it, and I'll submit it again. I suspect that it didn't work, but I didn't want to submit it twice and tick somebody off.

Status
Not open for further replies.