Answer Searched/Not Found, Help..

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

I have this one here already, Would it work or be to strong? I bought it awhile back and never used it, How well will it work do you think?

Last edited:

hoser147

thewenk said:
To take the splitter loss away, you can use a unity gain active (powered) splitter such as the Electroline EDA UG2402.
http://www.cabletvamps.com/drop%20amps.htm
This type of splitter doesn't amplify the signal other than to compensate for the loss in a passive splitter and make loss in the splitter be zero. I use one of these myself to distribute to my various scanners. These amps are also available on ebay.

The link is up there ^^^

btritch

I looked at the link...That's what I had in mind but then I came across that one I already had here that I posted pics of and wondered if it would work, I'm still planning on using the link if that one won't work..

thewenk

Idaho DB Admin
Database Admin
The 24 db amplification is way to much in my opinion. It wil give you more problems than it will solve. Personnaly, I stick to an amp with a gain of 3 db or 7 db max, if I use an amp. The one in your picture I would consider a low quality (no offense) amp. I also consider Radio Shack and other $15-$30 type amps as low quality.

If you use a cable tv amp, it needs to be a high quality low noise kind such as the ones made by Electroline, PDI, SVI and others.

You can try using the one you have, but don't be surprised if you get interference and other problems due to the high amplification. Good luck.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.