Anyone using the TRX-1 in Virtualbox on Mac ?

aprilexe

Premium Subscriber
Running xp sp2 on virtualbox on Mac Big Sur. Im having trouble with the unable to start device message in xp after loading the driver. The card seems to be fine and there have been moments where the scanner / mass storage device are on in the ports but they get disabled when starting ez scan. I’ve followed all of the various scanner off/unplugged / instal driver first / manual install driver sequences but the driver doesn’t seem to connect properly. I only want to connect it for the dsp/ cpu updates. Aside from that I’m happy to use an external reader for profiles , database etc which is working fine.

aprilexe

Premium Subscriber
Update- trying a win 7 32 bit vm worked fine for the serial driver connecting and doing the standalone dsp and firmware updates. A new problem most likely to do with virtual box gpu settings is that the ez scan gui only shows half. No problem there, the xp vm runs ez scan fine writing to and from the radio sd. Ez scans driver is the only one that’s given me any trouble in Virtualbox. I routinely run Sentinel, CS-R20 and CS-RX7 with no problem.