AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v2205A RELEASE

ve2mel

AR-DV1 FIRMWARE UPDATE v2205A RELEASE NOTES

(c)2022 AOR, LTD.

Sep. 16, 2022

Feature improvements:
- Added support for newer LCD versions (visually no difference). This firmware supports all LCD versions used until now.

Eric

G7HID

Just to confuse everybody AOR have released firmware Version 2205A for BOTH the DV-1 and DV-10, so beware of mix ups !

Mike

Tom07

Doesn't seen to be anything in it that will benefit my DV-1, so im not updating. Basically in their own words an update we won't notice.

Tom07

I wonder what they mean by added support, can anyone understand what this added support is?

Feature improvements:
Added support for newer LCD versions (visually no difference). This firmware supports all LCD versions used until now.

MStep

I wonder what they mean by added support, can anyone understand what this added support is?

Feature improvements:
Added support for newer LCD versions (visually no difference). This firmware supports all LCD versions used until now.

This simply means that the newest firmware will work with all existing versions of the LCD screen. Because of the shortage of components, AOR probably had to use a different source for their LCD screens. Likely the firmware had to be tweaked to accommodate idiosyncrasies between the newer and older screens, and now the firmware will "support" both the newer and older versions of the screen.

sklpl

Units with newer LCD versions came with 2205A software pre-installed out of the box. They just made it public to others (who don't need it). The only reason to install it on an older device is the possibility that they have secretly fixed some other bugs (and refuse to admit that the bug ever existed).

G7HID

What do the think the score was with the firmware version 2203A which has never been publicly released or commented on by AOR ?

Mike

MStep

Units with newer LCD versions came with 2205A software pre-installed out of the box. They just made it public to others (who don't need it). The only reason to install it on an older device is the possibility that they have secretly fixed some other bugs (and refuse to admit that the bug ever existed).

I guess we will just have to wait for the "jury to come in" from those who installed it into older units to see if any improvements or deficiencies were noted. I would think that if other improvements were made for older units and not related to the display, AOR would have touted those.

sklpl

I guess we will just have to wait for the "jury to come in" from those who installed it into older units to see if any improvements or deficiencies were noted. I would think that if other improvements were made for older units and not related to the display, AOR would have touted those.

They advertise new features and improvements, but will remain silent in the event of bug fixes to avoid admitting that a bug has ever been there :)

Tom07

Might work ok, might cause other bugs, or might be a big bag of air with nothing of any difference. The way AOR secretly does things these days, you would thing we're dealing with the CIA or MI6