Automated Fire Dispatch testing in Scott County

Status
Not open for further replies.

mws72

SECC is setting up their new Phoenix fire dispatch system. The computer voice dispatching is on two talkgroups. One for Davenport Fire on TG1238 and the other for the rest of the county on TG1188. Right now they are running in parallel. According to SECC meeting notes they hope to have to it up and running by the end of the August. Some of the alert tones they are using in this test are the tone used on Emergency!, Star Trek Red Alert and a submarine dive alarm.

jasonbarrett

Looks like they are now only using this for real dispatches as I haven't heard any test ones for quite awhile. However, I have noticed that it appears they are only using the Davenport tower as I had programmed both talkgroups in on my scanner at work that from day to day switch between Bettendorf and Moline towers and heard nothing on either. I set up Unitrunker on the Bettendorf tower and no hits over the weekend, but still hearing them on Davenport.

jasonbarrett

The paging tone changed on Davenport either today or yesterday. It is now a much more reasonable tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.