TRX-2: Back up Battery hold up time

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyeman99

How long does the battery hold clock time for.
I seem to need reset the clock to to PC time every day.
This affects of course the time stamp on audio recording.
I have un-ticked the clock display function as I don't need it.
However I do remove power at night when the radio is not in use.
I tend to leave the USB connected at all times for updating to the card for programming edits..
The PC is off at night.Thanks Keith G8IXN

kruser

Premium Subscriber
How long does the battery hold clock time for.
I seem to need reset the clock to to PC time every day.
This affects of course the time stamp on audio recording.
I have un-ticked the clock display function as I don't need it.
However I do remove power at night when the radio is not in use.
I tend to leave the USB connected at all times for updating to the card for programming edits..
The PC is off at night.Thanks Keith G8IXN

I don't know how long it takes to fully charge the battery but I've left my TRX2 off and unplugged from power and USB for days and never had it lose its time setting. I initially let is sit with USB power applied and the radio off for maybe 24 hours.

Leave the clock display disabled and plug your USB cable in with the radio off. The display should light up and say USB Power on the top line and Charging Backup Battery on the lower lines.
Leave it like this for maybe 24 hours and then see if your clock holds time longer when you remove all power.

The user manual says the radio will charge the backup battery when the radio is hooked up to the wall wart and turned ON.
Or... it says you can charge that battery by plugging in USB power and leaving the radio OFF.

It does not say how long but says several hours with the radio on or several hours with the radio off and connected to USB power.

So it sounds like the RTC cell should charge from the wall wart power if the radio is on or it will charge from USB power but only if the radio is off.

pyeman99

I don't know how long it takes to fully charge the battery but I've left my TRX2 off and unplugged from power and USB for days and never had it lose its time setting. I initially let is sit with USB power applied and the radio off for maybe 24 hours.

Leave the clock display disabled and plug your USB cable in with the radio off. The display should light up and say USB Power on the top line and Charging Backup Battery on the lower lines.
Leave it like this for maybe 24 hours and then see if your clock holds time longer when you remove all power.

The user manual says the radio will charge the backup battery when the radio is hooked up to the wall wart and turned ON.
Or... it says you can charge that battery by plugging in USB power and leaving the radio OFF.

It does not say how long but says several hours with the radio on or several hours with the radio off and connected to USB power.

So it sounds like the RTC cell should charge from the wall wart power if the radio is on or it will charge from USB power but only if the radio is off.
Thanks for advice, left connected to psu with radio off & this morning the clock has maintained the time.Will in future run it this way.73

Status
Not open for further replies.