Baldwin county

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brentorious

Fairhope will be P25 phase II in the upcoming months. Orange Beach has begun the migration to phase II as well, but will stay phase I until all of the phase II is online.

Well, I guess when Orange Beach goes Phase II my PSR-500 gets relegated to Marine/Aircraft/Coast Guard. Can you give me an idea how much time I have to save up for a 436?

Brentorious

Yes, I have a 536. Been getting by on a PSR-500 for a portable for Orange Beach, but it sounds like they're about to for Phase II. Just wondering how long I have until they do that.

w5wht

Daphne

I'm, planning on moving back and resume doing freelance for the TV Stations and papers as I did before.
So if you cant listen to Daphne, I would assume the fire dept is their as well...
That means almost impossible....any way to listen to them at all

RADIO-251

You will be able to hear the Daphne Fire page out on West Fire VHF frequency, but not the communication afterwards. Baldwin Central Simulcasts the page out over several channels. At this time there is no scanner that I know of that will decode the Nexedge NXDN digital format.

The Police Department didn't do this to prevent scanner enthusiasts from listening, they did it because it's modern technology and it improved communications by 1000%. No more static, no more double keying, no more unknown transmissions. It's all crystal clear digital audio and the dispatcher knows who's keying the mic and their gps location before they start speaking.

sadave

I wonder if Gulf Shores PD is completely encrypted. I'm just visiting but using a BCD436HP in ID search mode, I monitored an Unknown department utilizing Talk Group ID 22208 on the Alabama First Responder Network working traffic violators on Hwy 59 in Gulf Shores. The mobile units 139, 148, and 153 had lots of activity with a dispatcher running licenses and plates. Without knowing voices or unit designations, I would say this is Gulf Shores PD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sadave

I think I also found Talk Group ID 22212 is Orange Beach Police Channel 2.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.