base antenna for pro-106 handheld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

benfanttb

i have a pro-106 and looking to buy an outdoor base antenna.it'll go about 25'-30' up on the roof +the cable.i'm not sure what set up to use or what will work(looking to spend up too $200complete?)i live in sterling,heights michigan flat land,no tall structures around.the reason for an outdoor base antenna for my 106 is because i recently became disabled and in a wheel chair,spending most of day's in or around my house with plenty time for my newly and only hobby i can enjoy doing by myself. ALL INFO GREATLY
APPRECIATED! Tony B

benfanttb

thanks dan for your reply.most of mine are 420-868,i also have a pro-404 that i use for picking up 120-460 that i,ll keep it hooked up in my beddroom to the orginal snoop,it seems to work(especially 4 the $)
i'm looking 4 the best antenna 4 the $ without the trials(i would rather spend all the $ at once and get something thats worth it.Tony B

benfanttb

base antenna for pro-106

thanks jonnymitch,

that's great info,do u know the best type of coax 4 this set up and is 50' of coax too much(4a better looking roof mount)4 my 106,would i need some type of power add on.
Tony

benfanttb

base antenna for pro-106

Hey dan, i'll deffinally fall asleep easier tonight knowing this(beleive it or not).I will probable need 50'of coax,only about 10' will be outside.what would u recommend 4 the best performance.Thanks Tony

W6KRU

I would probably go with LMR400 at 50'. I would go with RG6 if the distance was a little less. Some guys will say that LMR400 is overkill and it is to some extent. If you want to save a few bucks, the RG6 will work and it is easier to work with. I picked LMR400 because of the distance and your desire to do this once and be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.