Baton Rouge Police

Status
Not open for further replies.

cderouen

I am totally new to a scanner. I just purchased a Radio Shack PRO106. I programmed it with information from the Radio Reference site. I can get transmissions from some of the other agencies but not for BRPD. Since I can get the SO I assume I programmed correctly. I am listening to BRPD over the live feed on my PC but with everything I've tried I can not get the BRPD on the scanner. I read that some agencies block their signal, but I do not understand why I can get the other agencies on that trunked system but not the BRPD. Any help would be appreciated.

Highpockets

I am totally new to a scanner. I just purchased a Radio Shack PRO106. I programmed it with information from the Radio Reference site. I can get transmissions from some of the other agencies but not for BRPD. Since I can get the SO I assume I programmed correctly. I am listening to BRPD over the live feed on my PC but with everything I've tried I can not get the BRPD on the scanner. I read that some agencies block their signal, but I do not understand why I can get the other agencies on that trunked system but not the BRPD. Any help would be appreciated.

Double check that your trunking table is set to 800 rebanded. Also, it doesn't look like the CC's are marked for that system, so either enter them all (Limit 32) or try to find out what the CC's are, and make sure they are entered, at least the main Control Channel.

Last edited:

charlie12

Double check that your trunking table is set to 800 rebanded. Also, it doesn't look like the CC's are marked for that system, so either enter them all (Limit 32) or try to find out what the CC's are, and make sure they are entered, at least the main Control Channel.

They are on 700 mhz

charlie12

If they were encrypted you wouldn't be hearing them on the live feed or anywhere else. They were talking about 1 min. ago on mine

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
I would wonder if BRPD is being carried on all the sites in Baton Rouge or only on the simulcast sites. You said you programmed the system based on what the DB has in it but you didn't say how you programmed it.

Not being in BR, I can only offer some hints, but I am pretty sure I heard BRPD when I traveled through BR. Like you, I know I heard the EBRSO, but I also heard BR Fire/EMS so I'm guessing it is a programming issue.

cderouen

Thanks everyone. I've got it working now. Although they are listed under Department of Safety trunked system I had to program to the Louisiana Wireless Information Network simulcast channels.

charlie12

My scanner is in my truck right now so I'm not looking at it but I live just inside EBR in Pride I can see the Baywood tower from here and I haven't really noticed what tower I hear them on.
Also the Baywood tower is not in Baywood it's in Pride. I guess those smart radio people can't read a map.

In the next couple day's I'll try and see what towers I hear them on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.