• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Bc246t

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajaxguy

I currently own a BC246T, and im looking for good software to program the unit. Would be nice if it's free.

Hope someones able to help

Cheers
CDX-PST-927

jmmmb248

Premium Subscriber
ajaxguy said:
I currently own a BC246T, and im looking for good software to program the unit. Would be nice if it's free.

Hope someones able to help

Cheers
CDX-PST-927
I know your looking preferably for free, but I purchased the Uniden software for the 246t. (about $30) That with assistance I receved from members on this site, helped me with all I needed. Except for 1 frequency I programmed wrong (and I just found out through this site), the scannner is great! I originally tried to find a free program, but purchasing a reasonably priced one really was the way to go. (I'm not very scanner literate)

KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR@radioreference.com
I second the recommendation of ARC246...Great piece of software and it is worth every penny :)
However if you for whatever reason cannot afford ARC246 then go to the following site:
http://home.comcast.net/~kilowattradio/ftp/
Another good (and free) software program for the 246...not as good as ARC246 but not bad either...
Hope this helps!
Marshall KE4ZNR

ajaxguy

Ummm

The program wont run on my computer.. Unable to execute the main file..

twolf816

i have arc246 and would recommend it...its 40bucks but if you frequently reprogram your scanner it is very handy

Status
Not open for further replies.