• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BC796D problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a BC796D into which I programmed a trunking site into Bank 1. Scans with no problem. I put in conventional frequencies into bank 9. No problem there, with the scanner scanning normally back and forth between the two banks. Then I programmed another trunking site into bank 4. The scanner then scans 1 & 4 but skips over bank 9. If I turn off bank 1, it will scan normally banks 4 & 9. I programmed another trunk site into bank 5. The scanner will then only scan between 4 & 5 skipping over banks 1 & 9. If I turn them all on again then turn off only bank 9, it will scan normally between banks 1, 4 & 5. Anyone else come across this problem?

Thanks, Moose

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I have a 796D and it is usually scanning banks 1 & 2 with trunked systems and bank 4 with a conventential channels. I have not noticed your problem happening. What I have noticed is that mine will scan the two trunked banks (banks 1 & 2) 2-3 times and then scan the conventential bank. Mine does this continuously while in scan mode. Do you have the latest firmware in the radio? I know there was a least one update to the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.