• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

BCD996XT scanner QUIET ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
Uniden BCD996XT ..... using ARCXT software.....can settings for: SYSTEM, SITES, & GROUP all be left at "DEFAULT" .......... I ask, because the scanner is quiet. I accidently deleted file on the scanner and cannot find a copy of the file on the computer.
thank you for your help

mibzzer15

Premium Subscriber
Here is a link to the Easier to Read Manual for the Uniden BCD996XT. This exact link should bring u to the section on resetting the scanner.

Easier to Read BCD996XT Digital Scanner Manual

Here is what the link says.

"
Scanner Reset - to initialize the scanner's memory, turn off the scanner. Then press 2, 9, and Hold while turning it on (remember the game called Twister?). The scanner will give you the option 'Restore Preprogram List? "Yes"=E/No="."', if you press 'E/Yes', the scanner reloads the preprogrammed systems.
Important! This deletes all programmed data."
"

Hopefully that helps.

N8IAA

Uniden BCD996XT ..... using ARCXT software.....can settings for: SYSTEM, SITES, & GROUP all be left at "DEFAULT" .......... I ask, because the scanner is quiet. I accidently deleted file on the scanner and cannot find a copy of the file on the computer.
thank you for your help
And the software didn't ask you to save the file??? Maybe click on open to see what was saved?
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.