BCDx36HP Firmware 1.22.00 Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It just shows that each run of model has unique issues that you can fix with individual solutions. Sorry but no other answer you can logically reach at this point. If it was not so, then this would ALL have been fixed and put to rest universally by now.

It's far more logical to conclude that the systems being monitored have hardware differences than to assume the scanners themselves have hardware differences. Having been inside dozens of 436 units, there are only 2 significant hardware versions--the board with the pads for C1, and the board without. And even then, other than the area around C1, the components, their arrangement, and trace layout appears to be identical throughout production. There's little to distinguish brand-new maunfactured boards from the earliest production runs, other than the C1 area.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Just a follow-up after a few days om monitoring/watching Phase 2 talk groups. An "occasional" UID doesn't capture, but the responding UID will display. Previous firmware the pattern of dropped UID's was more of a consistent pattern of no capture. Even if it wasn't mentioned in the release notes, their was a notable change...thank you.

I'm glad you posted this as I thought it was just me. 1.21.00 was a fail for me on P2 UID's, 1.22.00 greatly improved this.

I'm also glad you responded and noted the same. Are you seeing the same behavior...the "less sporadic" UID not displaying? It could be radio/system related but it's good to see the UID's display like all the other digital systems.

I see UID's probably 95% of the time now and they even update during a call. Occasionally a conversation will be completely void of a UID, but is no where near what it was on 1.21.00.

Yes...exactly!

I was able to capture this activity in a debug file tonight. I just submitted it to Houk via a Google Doc file that I hope he get's in the hands of the engineer for Firmware Friday for both the SDS and XP series.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I did notice on when holding a site (or scanning) on Con+ it doesn't show Con it just skips the signal.

melbournefan

I did notice on when holding a site (or scanning) on Con+ it doesn't show Con it just skips the signal.

Is it decoding anything or is there nothing? I have a issue where it will only scan some channels and if it's in discovery, the active channel will blink for some reason.

Would it be good if I sent a debug log off and where would I send that debug log to?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It appears part of the problem I've been having with the jail system is a signal strength issue, like they turned their power down, or are having technical issues that have been only partly resolved. I used to get close call hits on it, now signal strength is around -100dBm. LCN finder is working, but the SDS100 is catching a lot more traffic than my x36 radios.

melbournefan

So, disregard all my other posts in this thread except my first one because I got the firmware mixed up.

I upgraded to .22 and found that DMR decoding was a bit better. I also found the NXDN LCN finder to work properly.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.