Bct8

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I have a chance to pick up a BCT8 scanner from a friend at a very reasonable price. I know that there are probably better scanners available, but with limited funds they are not an option at this time.

Does anyone here use one of these? If so, what's your opinion of it? I've read the reviews at eHam, but would like to hear from some of you as well.

I don't know a whole lot about trunked scanning, but I know there's a lot more going on out there than my BC72XLT can get, I want to be able to listen to it.

Many thanks in advance.

SSSG :)

CLTX11

SouthSideScannerGuy said:
I have a chance to pick up a BCT8 scanner from a friend at a very reasonable price. I know that there are probably better scanners available, but with limited funds they are not an option at this time.

Does anyone here use one of these? If so, what's your opinion of it? I've read the reviews at eHam, but would like to hear from some of you as well.

I don't know a whole lot about trunked scanning, but I know there's a lot more going on out there than my BC72XLT can get, I want to be able to listen to it.

Many thanks in advance.

SSSG :)

BCT8 was my first scanner, I am still happy with it. The only thing I dislike about it is no alpha tagging. I listen to conventional freqs rarely so when I do I never know who it is. Now with the trunking, I listen to it all the time so I know who all the ID's are. The thing is very easy to program, I just did it by hand in no time. I know here in Texas the bear warning will not work due to DPS going digital so keep that in mind if that is one reason you are purchasing it. I now own the BCT8 and 2 BC246T's.
If its a good prive go for it, I never have had any problems with it that I can think of and its going on 4 years I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.