Bluetooth receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

yankees6161

Looking for a Bluetooth receiver similar to this one. There are a bunch on the market. Just curious of what any one is using. I will be using it solely for vehicle use on a SDS100

Attachments

• 53973E3F-F997-48F5-AA75-5A78C023D95C.jpeg
    53973E3F-F997-48F5-AA75-5A78C023D95C.jpeg
    18.8 KB · Views: 50
Looking for a Bluetooth receiver similar to this one. There are a bunch on the market. Just curious of what any one is using. I will be using it solely for vehicle use on a SDS100
I've got one like that and I'm not really fond of it. It's kind of a pain to get it to pair and it only lasts maybe 5 hours. I ended up getting an Anker Bluetooth speaker and just plug it into the scanner with an auxiliary cord. The speaker is probably the best $38 I've ever spent. Lasts for at least 2 day's on a charge and mine is on for around 12 hours a day. Great sound also.

Premium Subscriber
Similar one here. Works well enough for the price, but as mentioned above... battery life isnt amazing.

DJ11DLN

I have one of those and will echo what others have said. I know this is a Uniden thread but just FYI I couldn't get it to pair with my G5 at all.

begoli

I recently purchased one of the Taotronics ones as an experiment to see how well it would transmit to my hearing aids. Works reasonably well, better than having to wear headphones when in the house, its also very handy when I'm driving.

But I agree that a decent Bluetooth speaker would be better for most situations.

cfsimmont

Premium Subscriber
I bought the Hagibis transmitter from Amazon, its charged and ready to go just cant figure out how to pair it with my headset..... The documentation with the headset is very vague almost like its written by the same people that produce the instructions for a Baofeng. Looked on the website but that was also pointless. Anyone have any helpful tips on how to pair this with a bluetooth headset?

MasterPo

I bought the Hagibis transmitter from Amazon, its charged and ready to go just cant figure out how to pair it with my headset..... The documentation with the headset is very vague almost like its written by the same people that produce the instructions for a Baofeng. Looked on the website but that was also pointless. Anyone have any helpful tips on how to pair this with a bluetooth headset?
both have to be in paring mode find out on each product, I use this one just hold the power button down to start paring and do what ever the headset tells for paring

BobInABox

You have to have the Hagibis in transmit mode. Hold the button until it turns blue, then hold the button again until it flashes fast blue. On your headset use the pairing procedure and your good to go. With lawnmower season coming up I'm ready to go again. LOL

Dexter2

I wish I came across this thread before I posted in the other room. My apologies. I've tried to pair to Apple ear pieces and a BlueParrot b450-XT unsuccessfully. Each headset with the Hagibis all sit next to each other in pairing mode, but it doesn't seem to connect.

ems55

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased one of the Taotronics ones as an experiment to see how well it would transmit to my hearing aids. Works reasonably well, better than having to wear headphones when in the house, its also very handy when I'm driving.

But I agree that a decent Bluetooth speaker would be better for most situations.
What hearing aid are you using ?? Can't find one for Oticon !!!!!

richard4537312

Premium Subscriber
I have a related question to address to those who are more familiar with the internal architecture of the SDS100. I also would like to use a Bluetooth transmitter or external speaker, but I've been reluctant to use the headphone jack. Uniden Repair recently returned my SDS100 in good working order after repairing the infamous "cold joint" problem. It would seem that each time I plug in, or unplug, anything using the headphone jack, I would be straining that trouble prone connection between the boards. Would I be hastening the recurrence of the "cold joint" by using the headphone jack?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have this one and it works great, no problems. Works as a transmitter or receiver.

1629924423375.png
Taotronics Bluetooth 5.0 transmitter & receiver 2 in1 Model TT-BA08

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.