Busy night on the westside

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
From KUSA:

JEFFERSON COUNTY - Police and deputies are investigating after gunfire erupted at a party in Mountain View early Saturday morning, later leading to an officer-involved shooting.

The Jefferson County Sheriff's Office says reports came in just after 2:45 a.m. on Saturday that shots were fired at 4300 Fenton Street in Mountain View.

When Mountain View Police arrived, they found several shell casings and blood on the steps leading to the front door of the home. Police say people inside the home refused to come out.

Deputies say a Jeep was seen leaving the area and officers from Lakeside and Wheat Ridge Police stopped it at the corner of Fenton Street and 44th Avenue. During the stop, a green Lexus drove past, then made a U-turn and drove toward the officers in what they called "an aggressive manner."

Police from both departments opened fire on the Lexus, which then sped away west on 44th Avenue. A trooper from the Colorado State Patrol chased the Lexus, but after it evaded the trooper, he stopped the chase.

Police say the Lexus was stolen from Arapahoe County and was later found abandoned at 14th and Raleigh Street.

At about 3:10 a.m. a man was dropped off at the St. Anthony Central Hospital emergency room doors by an unknown vehicle, with a gunshot wound to the knee. Deputies are trying to figure out if his injuries were related to the shooting at the home on Fenton Street.

Meanwhile, a SWAT unit was called in at the home in Mountain View and five people were eventually removed. One of the people inside, a man, was taken to the hospital after having a seizure, deputies say.

Deputies continue to investigate.

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
So citing KUSA the TV station that operates 9news dot com is now not considered citing the source?

Or did KUSA file a take down complaint?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
So citing KUSA the TV station that operates 9news dot com is now not considered citing the source?

Or did KUSA file a take down complaint?

Jim edited his post to credit KUSA with the story prior to your post, Phil.

Look at the edit time at the bottom of his post (1647) and the time of your post (1741).

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
I've seen these posts and wondered if anyone was going to run afoul of copyright violations.

Years ago, I ran a BBS, and users were posting news articles to it. I was contacted by a news agencies attorney with a cease and desist order. The issue was the full article being posted, even with proper credit to the news source, but as I found out later, the proper format is to provide the lead-in paragraph, with credit to the news agency, and to provide a link to the full article. Try not being an AP member, not paying AP fees and using AP news stories, it won't last long as AP is very posessive about their news stories and that is how they make money, by selling said news stories.

News organizations don't have a problem with a lead-in paragraph, citation and a link, but they frown on the posting of a full news article on a site other than their own. While ultimately it is Lindsey's decision, I would think it best to not post full articles and do the lead-in paragraph, credit and link to the article, and not posting an article verbatim.

I'm pretty sure we all mean well by posting such things, because it is news, but we must be copyright aware and not violate those terms and have all us of end up losing Radio Reference, that would be a sad day were it to happen. Let's not blow a good thing, huh?

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
So did KUSA request removal?

No. That's what we're trying to avoid...again.

And as Dak48 points out from his experience, and Lindsay asked in his post - as well as what Jim was doing for a while - the best practice is to post an excerpt from the article along with a link to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.