Calls - Public Playlists Now Available

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've rolled out two public playlists for testing

If you are a calls provider and want to "publish a list" to a county, start building your playlists and soon I'll reach out here to solicit you to let me know about them so we can get them going.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Awesome! I'll be following this closely. Nice to see the progress 😁

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
If you are a calls provider and want to "publish a list" to a county, start building your playlists and soon I'll reach out here to solicit you to let me know about them so we can get them going.

Lists created, hope you will start publishing them soon. Is there anything else needed on my part to make the public?

nick223

Feed Provider
For the county Playlist is it better to just have one list or have multiple playlist like one with LE TGs and one with Fire, Ems?

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
For the county Playlist is it better to just have one list or have multiple playlist like one with LE TGs and one with Fire, Ems?
That's the beauty of it. You can mix and match, or have one agency type. You can set up your playlists however you like.

It doesn't specify in the Feed Provider TOS, but certain talkgroup tags are restricted to the node provider only, such as schools for an example.

nick223

Feed Provider
I understand how it all works. Just was asking him what he preferred. Didn’t know how the backend was being setup. And what was more helpful for him.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
If you guys have playlists created that are appropriate for the public, please open a ticket with us at support@broadcastify.com and I'll have a look at publishing them. I'm ready to start testing some of these....

Note: you need to make sure you solidify what you want on those playlists for now. Because you're generally NOT going to be able to edit them after they are published.

Last edited:

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Likely not high on the priority list, but is there any plans to have a color assigned to the map for states/provinces/counties which have calls playlists?

JasonCox

Feed Provider
Is the backend smart enough where if we were to create playlists that include restricted content, like PD Tac, that those TG's would be hidden in the public version of the playlist? Or is what we build 1:1 with what gets published, so we need to build with the TOS in mind?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Is the backend smart enough where if we were to create playlists that include restricted content, like PD Tac, that those TG's would be hidden in the public version of the playlist? Or is what we build 1:1 with what gets published, so we need to build with the TOS in mind?
You need to build it with the terms of service in mind. And I’m probably not going to publish a playlist with stuff that violates the TOS

It’s manual now on my end, but I’ll be doing more automated stuff

JasonCox

Feed Provider
One feature request…

When building a playlist, could the TG search include all TG’s in the RR DB and not just TG’s that the calls platform has seen?

As an example, say a department has three TG’s, Dispatch, Ops 1 and Ops 2, all defined in the RR DB. But the calls platform has only ever seen Dispatch and Ops 2. I can’t currently add Ops 1, which is resulting in an incomplete playlist that I’ll have to come back and modify at some point. Which is an issue if you’re not wanting us to edit them after we publish them.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
One feature request…

When building a playlist, could the TG search include all TG’s in the RR DB and not just TG’s that the calls platform has seen?

As an example, say a department has three TG’s, Dispatch, Ops 1 and Ops 2, all defined in the RR DB. But the calls platform has only ever seen Dispatch and Ops 2. I can’t currently add Ops 1, which is resulting in an incomplete playlist that I’ll have to come back and modify at some point. Which is an issue if you’re not wanting us to edit them after we publish them.
I'm aware of this use case and issue and thinking about ways to handle. One way you can work around this is to usually to change the timeframe for "all talkgroups seen" to "all time"
Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 7.05.22 AM.png

TheTntExpert29

Premium Subscriber
If you guys have playlists created that are appropriate for the public, please open a ticket with us at support@broadcastify.com and I'll have a look at publishing them. I'm ready to start testing some of these....

Note: you need to make sure you solidify what you want on those playlists for now. Because you're generally NOT going to be able to edit them after they are published.
I have a playlist made for Kosciusko County Fire and EMS channel with Lutheran Air channel in. Would that be allowed?

norwichfeeder

Feed Provider
This is great if you on a desktop. Not so much on a smartphone. Wish I could use this playlist in the scannerradio or broadcasity app. The browser player doesn't work well on my android and only plays for about 1 mins with screen off before it kills it. I tried different browsers, they all kill the player within a min of the screen off. Also it doesn't show and player or meta tags. The player disappears when not playing and the whole thing just stops after a min.. Anyone know a work around to keep it playing on a smartphone? I really want to listen to a Public playlist on my android.