• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Can a xts5000r be programmed for nas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Had a couple people tell me that this thing can't be programmed for non affiliate.Scan that it's not possible cause it's astro 25.Does that mean it uses P25?Because it's a 700 800 MHz radio.Is it good to just use for conventional non p twenty five transmit

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Had a couple people tell me that this thing can't be programmed for non affiliate.Scan that it's not possible cause it's astro 25.Does that mean it uses P25?Because it's a 700 800 MHz radio.Is it good to just use for conventional non p twenty five transmit
Assuming it has the proper flash it will work just fine.

I would get new "people".

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Officially from MSI? No as it's been EOL for years now. You may find people on eBay that offer that service, but I'm not sure about that.
Yeah, there was a guy on here that said he could program me, but then he read the flash code.And said it can't be programmed for P25 700 800.For some reason I don't know why already just didn't want to touch it.I don't know

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
There are vendors on ebay who can adjust your radio's flashcode to be what it needs to be, as long as it's no higher than Phase 1 P25. As was stated before, the XTS line will never do Phase II. It does not have TDMA capable hardware.

NAS is still NOT to be recommended for a variety of issues regarding permissions and legality. And it's difficult to do it right without prior experience.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Decode your flashcode here and post what it says:

Decoded by the akardam.net Flashcode Decoder v5
Platform: XTS5000 & XTS4000
Flashcode: 580008-000482-0

Q806: ASTRO IMBE Digital Operation
H14: Enhanced Digital ID Display
Q498: Hardware Multikey Encryption w/ OTAR
H38: SmartZone Systems Operation
Q173: SmartZone Omnilink MultiZone Operation
Q361: ASTRO 25 9600 Baud Trunking
Q446: Fireground Voice/Channel Announcement
Doesn't appear this flashcode can be used with p25 phase 1 systems if im reading correctly or am i wrong?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
So then why did the guy on here say it can't be programmed for nas or p25?
And what "guy on here" would that be? I don't see anyone in this thread stating that a properly equipped XTS 5000 can't be programmed for NAS or P25.

Perhaps you should just buy a scanner and stop fooling around with things you clearly know nothing about. 🤷‍♂️

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
And what "guy on here" would that be? I don't see anyone in this thread stating that a properly equipped XTS 5000 can't be programmed for NAS or P25.

Perhaps you should just buy a scanner and stop fooling around with things you clearly know nothing about. 🤷‍♂️
Already have alot of those they don't work well simulcast. You guys all seem very rude as well.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
So then why did the guy on here say it can't be programmed for nas or p25?

One of the skills required if you are going to rely on hobby websites for playing with commercial radios is knowing who to listen to and who to ignore. There's a lot of people out there that will claim knowledge, yet barely know which end of the radio to talk into, and will likely poke their own eye out with the antenna.

Already have alot of those they don't work well simulcast. You guys all seem very rude as well.

You need the correct scanner/antenna setup.

As for being rude, I've seen a lot of people on this site put quite a bit of effort into trying to help you out. Saying thing like "You guys all seem very rude as well" makes people not want to help.

You really, really, really need to be careful with NAS. Like, seriously. Your posts strongly suggest that your experience level is pretty basic, and doing things like NAS incorrectly risk taking resources away from public safety professionals. You are trying to walk into a minefield here with a blindfold on. Several people have strongly suggested that you NOT try to mess with NAS until you gain some more knowledge. A good place to gain knowledge is with a scanner where there is ZERO risk of getting yourself in trouble.

Buying LMR radios on line without understanding things like Flashcodes isn't the way to do it. People have tried to assist you, but you need to pay attention. Stop with the e-Bay radios until you gain some more knowledge.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
One of the skills required if you are going to rely on hobby websites for playing with commercial radios is knowing who to listen to and who to ignore. There's a lot of people out there that will claim knowledge, yet barely know which end of the radio to talk into, and will likely poke their own eye out with the antenna.

You need the correct scanner/antenna setup.

As for being rude, I've seen a lot of people on this site put quite a bit of effort into trying to help you out. Saying thing like "You guys all seem very rude as well" makes people not want to help.

You really, really, really need to be careful with NAS. Like, seriously. Your posts strongly suggest that your experience level is pretty basic, and doing things like NAS incorrectly risk taking resources away from public safety professionals. You are trying to walk into a minefield here with a blindfold on. Several people have strongly suggested that you NOT try to mess with NAS until you gain some more knowledge. A good place to gain knowledge is with a scanner where there is ZERO risk of getting yourself in trouble.

Buying LMR radios on line without understanding things like Flashcodes isn't the way to do it. People have tried to assist you, but you need to pay attention. Stop with the e-Bay radios until you gain some more knowledge.
Guys keep reacting to my posts and laughing at me like im some kind of joke which i am not i have no even tried programming.. the radio i am looking for someone who can do it correctly which nobody wants the task.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Guys keep reacting to my posts and laughing at me like im some kind of joke which i am not i have no even tried programming.. the radio

Maybe a slightly different approach on your end would help.

Acknowledge that you are learning and trying to figure things out. Jumping in with trying to do NAS isn't a good starting place. There are a lot of serious risks with NAS if it is not done correctly. It's not a joke, done incorrectly an improperly set up radio can take important resources away from public safety users. That is one of the reasons that the people that actually do this stuff for a living will react this way when someone who doesn't present with the necessary knowledge starts buying radios and wants to set them up for NAS. It ——IS—— dangerous if you don't do it right. If you do not understand why it is dangerous, then that's another reason to stop and try a scanner.

i am looking for someone who can do it correctly which nobody wants the task.

Right, because there are a number of reasons why it is dangerous. There's no way I'd touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Take a step back. Stop buying radios off e-Bay. Get a scanner and learn how these systems work. People have tried to help you, but it doesn't seem like you are paying attention to what they are saying. After a while people will stop trying to help if you are not paying attention to good advice.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
Maybe a slightly different approach on your end would help.

Acknowledge that you are learning and trying to figure things out. Jumping in with trying to do NAS isn't a good starting place. There are a lot of serious risks with NAS if it is not done correctly. It's not a joke, done incorrectly an improperly set up radio can take important resources away from public safety users. That is one of the reasons that the people that actually do this stuff for a living will react this way when someone who doesn't present with the necessary knowledge starts buying radios and wants to set them up for NAS. It ——IS—— dangerous if you don't do it right. If you do not understand why it is dangerous, then that's another reason to stop and try a scanner.

Right, because there are a number of reasons why it is dangerous. There's no way I'd touch this with a 10 foot pole.

Take a step back. Stop buying radios off e-Bay. Get a scanner and learn how these systems work. People have tried to help you, but it doesn't seem like you are paying attention to what they are saying. After a while people will stop trying to help if you are not paying attention to good advice.
I already have tons of scanners. As stated these don't work well with simulcast and the sds 100 is so expensive it will be awhile before i can afford that brick to use.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I already have tons of scanners. As stated these don't work well with simulcast and the sds 100 is so expensive it will be awhile before i can afford that brick to use.

OK, I get it. Good scanners can be expensive.

You know what else is expensive?
Getting your radio popped by the system admin when it accidentally affiliates with their system. Once your radio gets bricked, there's no good way to undo that. If you keep it up, they come looking for you.

Rather than buying random radios off e-Bay, might I suggest that you save your money and get the right tool for the job with a proper antenna?

If you really MUST do the professional radio thing, for whatever reason you have in your head, at least get one that can be set up to monitor a trunked system with ZERO chance of it affiliating. I'd recommend looking at the Harris radios. Do. Not. Buy. One. Do not buy one. Do not buy one. Spend the next few months studying how its done, exactly which radio with which feature set you need. Find the software and the correct cable and try it. Or get somone else to do it for you.

But, long run? Cheaper to get the right scanner, plus you have a lot more capability than a single band radio.

Cobra_Commander

InvisibleIndividual
Premium Subscriber
OK, I get it. Good scanners can be expensive.

You know what else is expensive?
Getting your radio popped by the system admin when it accidentally affiliates with their system. Once your radio gets bricked, there's no good way to undo that. If you keep it up, they come looking for you.

Rather than buying random radios off e-Bay, might I suggest that you save your money and get the right tool for the job with a proper antenna?

If you really MUST do the professional radio thing, for whatever reason you have in your head, at least get one that can be set up to monitor a trunked system with ZERO chance of it affiliating. I'd recommend looking at the Harris radios. Do. Not. Buy. One. Do not buy one. Do not buy one. Spend the next few months studying how its done, exactly which radio with which feature set you need. Find the software and the correct cable and try it. Or get somone else to do it for you.

But, long run? Cheaper to get the right scanner, plus you have a lot more capability than a single band radio.
Yeah well the guy i bought it from ripped me off he stated he could program it i bought it off facebook and im out alot of money for this thing now and it is now a paperweight i can't even get my money back i wasted either.

Status
Not open for further replies.