ProScan: Can Proscan Pull Db info from RR for Programming

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
It's been a while and I want to make sure my scanner freqs are correct and not missing anything.
I could have sworn that I used Proscan to pull from RR to program but I cannot figure out what I'm missing.

Can someone give me a hand?.....I must be getting old.....

Thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It's been a while and I want to make sure my scanner freqs are correct and not missing anything.
I could have sworn that I used Proscan to pull from RR to program but I cannot figure out what I'm missing.

Can someone give me a hand?.....I must be getting old.....

Thanks!
For the x36HP & SDS series scanners, once you select the Favorites list editor, the Import options are accessible via the drop-down File menu:
1704838934730.png

For the DMA scanners, such as the TX & P2 series, select the Database drop-down menu, and then the Import sub-menu for your import options.
1704839107032.png

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Gone brain dead from back/sleep issues.
Anyway I was hoping there was a good video to get me going again.....I've gotten that far but I'm having a problem "Saving" from the scanner to a folder. I want to save to a folder then wipe it and restore with confidence before making changes. It was easy when I got it and it just came out but it's been years and it didn't matter what I did in the beginning (ELP) but now I don't want to lose what I've done so far.
Scanner Read or Scanner Write is fine but I can't fine Export or Backup.....

Appreciate the reply and assistance!

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a problem "Saving" from the scanner to a folder. I want to save to a folder then wipe it and restore with confidence before making changes.
What scanner are you speaking of and what are you looking to wipe? The scanner or the Proscan install?

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the brain fog....

SDS200 is my scanner and I want to backup my Scanner Freqs (files) to my computer so I can restore to original after reprogramming. I would like to save scanner data to my computer then as/when needed, pull that data from my computer to the scanner to restore it...I know I'm overlooking something other than gray matter..

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I'm having a problem "Saving" from the scanner to a folder.
I want to save to a folder then wipe it and restore with confidence before making changes.
When you read the scanner into Proscan and or Sentinel, it saves to your PC. If you search your PC for "f_list.cfg", it will come back to whatever folder you told Proscan to save to.

1705066305526.png

Sentinel saves to
C:\Users\Preferred Customer\Documents\Uniden\BCDx36HP On your pc it would be,
C:\Users\Your User Name\Documents\Uniden\BCDx36HP

1705065423902.png

I want to backup my Scanner Freqs (files) to my computer so I can restore to original after reprogramming. I would like to save scanner data to my computer then as/when needed, pull that data from my computer to the scanner to restore it...
Restoring to original, or previous will undo any changes you have made to the scanner since you last wrote to it.

When I program my scanners, I write to the scanner using either Proscan or Sentinel. I then read the scanner into whichever I did not write from. So if I wrote from Proscan, I read into Sentinel so that way I have 2 copies in the event that one of the programs develops an issue. I also copy the contents of my Proscan save folder and the Sentinel folder into my Onedrive in the event of a PC failure.

Another thing you could do is if you have a spare micro sd card with a usb reader, you can always, after writing to the scanner, you can then also write to the second card.

It best to always read the scanner into the software before doing any editing so Sentinel/Proscan always has exactly what's in the scanner.

Unidener

Premium Subscriber
Starting to understand more.....I was thinking I could program the scanner then make some changes, save them and keep making changes then revert back to the 3rd setup (for example) if that worked the best. I just didn't understand some of this and was thinking it would be like a like a computer and saved files. To me some of the documentation is lacking and I over think things......

It's like following the programming with zip code video....followed the video then I could see how the Db was configured so I would get it right when manually programming.

One thing I don't understand is IF you zip code program the scanner then a Scanner Write, turn it off and it says nothing to scan and I can't even set up a favorite.....guess I'll stick to the Proscan programming

Thanks Dave for your help....I'm getting there.....