Can someone help me identify what I'm hearing on 154.462?

RedArrows

I'm in Orlando Florida this week and I was messing about with one of my scanners and I'm hearing some kind of data burst on 154.462 Does anyone know what this is? Because I've never heard it before

MSS-Dave

I'm in Orlando Florida this week and I was messing about with one of my scanners and I'm hearing some kind of data burst on 154.462 Does anyone know what this is? Because I've never heard it before
Where in Orlando are you? That would go a long ways to identify what you might be hearing near that exact frequency. What you are more than likely hearing though is Duke Energy. Its a simulcast data channel for load management purposes. Somewhere near 20 transmitters in the state of Florida.

RedArrows

Where in Orlando are you? That would go a long ways to identify what you might be hearing near that exact frequency. What you are more than likely hearing though is Duke Energy. Its a simulcast data channel for load management purposes. Somewhere near 20 transmitters in the state of Florida.
I'm at Disney world I first received the frequency when I was at Port Orleans Riverside.

MSS-Dave

Closest Duke transmit site to Disney would be very near Universal Studios. Would be quite a bit closer than the Winter Garden or Oviedo city sites.

Another dead giveaway is it's licensed for 1000 watts ERP at 250 or so feet. You might be 10 air miles from it....

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
heres a short clip, does it sound like this? if so it is the Duke energy management system that dates back to the 70s or early 80s
my parents lived on the beach and they had special boxes on each large appliance and if the load got too much in the city, they would send out codes to shutoff various appliances that were attached.

Attachments

• 06-14-14_08-12-2023.zip
    8.6 KB · Views: 11

RedArrows

heres a short clip, does it sound like this? if so it is the Duke energy management system that dates back to the 70s or early 80s
my parents lived on the beach and they had special boxes on each large appliance and if the load got too much in the city, they would send out codes to shutoff various appliances that were attached.
Can confirm that's what it sounds like