Cape May vs G25 pager

StephenHand

I have a G25 pager I’m trying to program for cape may county. Would anyone be able to help guide me? the Main thing I need help understanding is how the site frequencies work. Thanks

StephenHand

my Main questions. I’m located primarily in sea isle.

Which site do I want to use for cape may county channels?
I need to enter the control channels. If I’m using the cape may tower it looks like 3 are in red. should I enter the other frequencies in black as well?
what fire companies operate on what ops channels?

any Help appreciated!

X9009X

I need to enter the control channels. If I’m using the cape may tower it looks like 3 are in red. should I enter the other frequencies in black as well?

any Help appreciated!
Steve, what vendor did you purchase this from? I'm assuming your talking about a G5 Unication correct? Message me directly I have a NJPSIC personality I could send you.

StephenHand

Yes it’s a G5. Thank you both for info. I’m new forum user and can’t figure out how to message. Could you send me one x9009x?

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Watch a few YouTube videos and you should be good. Its very easy with the software. I had no clue how to program it, now I can do it no problem and I have done a bunch for my friends.

StephenHand

Thanks. Yea I’m figuring a lot of it out but so many features. Also just wanted to confirm that the whole county was on the one tower site and what fire companies use what ops channels so I can set it up how I want

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Watch this video a few times then follow a long as you are on the software to figure it out.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Thanks. Yea I’m figuring a lot of it out but so many features. Also just wanted to confirm that the whole county was on the one tower site and what fire companies use what ops channels so I can set it up how I want
Yes, look above at jaymatt1978 post. He posted a link showing the sites coverage.

saber2k5

any Help appreciated!
Enter the four control channels. They are listed in RED.

StephenHand

Another question as I am entering my zone and channel settings. If I want a knob position to monitor several TG codes. What is the difference between TG-scan and TG-monitor?

example TG monitor with 3 TG vs TG scan with 3 TG?

KC2GYU

Premium Subscriber

mshumeyk

Premium Subscriber
Another question as I am entering my zone and channel settings. If I want a knob position to monitor several TG codes. What is the difference between TG-scan and TG-monitor?
For multiple talkgroups in a knob positions I have always used TG-Scan.
As others have mentioned, watching the videos like the one posted in this thread is very helpful. The Unications have many more settings than scanners, which makes it easier to make an error when programming. However, the ability to set up so many knob positions allows you to set up zones and knob for various types of incidents, like a major Parkway MVA, trouble in the Wildwoods, Medevac incidents, major mutual aid incidents, or talkgroups pertinent to a particular driving route. Once all of the talkgroups and site information is entered it is very easy to set up the zones and knob positions any way you want.

When I got my G5 a few years ago I entered everything manually. With the new PPS software as well as added talkgroups in Cape May County I used the radioreference data download which made setting up a new NJICS PPS file for Cape May very simple and so much faster than manually entering the data. The $30/year premium radioreference fee is in my opinion money very well spent. Once you are a premium member you can connect the PPS software to radioreference, check the boxes on which talkgroups and sites you want and then download them to a PPS profile. All you have to do is set up your knob positions by pointing and clicking.