Cheap Antenna 800/900MHz $17.36 each

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
Thought I would pass this on.

ZQTMAX 9 unit 13dB Yagi Antenna for cell phone signal booster 800 / 850 / 900 MHz from AliExpress.com

I was hesitant in making a purchase and I got sucked in by the price. Bought 2 figuring if they were that flimsy I would have a backup. Chinese made and you can tell. I also used my AMX card incase I had an issue. Took about 2 weeks to get here since they had to go through Customs.

I bought N Male to F Female, 2-Pack N to F Coax Adapter from Amazon to connect my 75ohm cables. For receiving only.

I did a little testing with them and it seems they work pretty well.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...il_item.4.3b58f19cPJhP8v&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

You are on your own.....

John

Jphila20

Premium Subscriber
Can you elaborate on that a little more?
I use Unitrunker for 90% of my stuff. The thing I found was for it size it pulls pretty well. With Unitrunker a site 24 miles I get 100%. With a standard scanner antenna I get 65 to 70%. Can't give much more as I don't have any testing stuff.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
60–70 with a standard antenna to 100 with Yagi. What do you define as a standard antenna?

I have some signals that I can only pull in on my homebrew Yagi thats indoors at the moment that I don’t even see with discone or a scantenna st2 up on the roof. At the time I made the yagi, I only had 16th inch thick copper that I used for the director and reflectors and I’m thinking about making another one with something thicker and see what happens. Was gonna just try this since its returnable and does about 698-894

Jphila20

Premium Subscriber
60–70 with a standard antenna to 100 with Yagi. What do you define as a standard antenna?

I have some signals that I can only pull in on my homebrew Yagi thats indoors at the moment that I don’t even see with discone or a scantenna st2 up on the roof. At the time I made the yagi, I only had 16th inch thick copper that I used for the director and reflectors and I’m thinking about making another one with something thicker and see what happens. Was gonna just try this since its returnable and does about 698-894

See below.
1702773682719.png