CMARC Going Live Jan 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Speaking of weird test hours on 11776 MAC Channel, I caught a transmission at 0258 with a roll call from Baltimore County to City and Howard. Only Howard responded.

I really think they are trying to get the dispatch centers to pay attention by doing these test at random times. On the other hand, I think when they were on VHF or UHF the rollcall times were somewhat random also.

In contracts, the MESIN (eastern shore) region tests seem to occur at exactly 1000 and 2200 each and every day.

troymail

Silent Key
Baltimore City must have the "duty" this week on MA Coord.. the City dispatcher today did the roll call around 1250 and called the entire list of jurisdictions/orgs that were called the first week of January (BCounty, Howard, Carroll, Anne Arundel, Annapolis, MSP Golden Ring, UMAB police, etc.)... She made a valiant attempt and was calling for nearly 5 minutes but not many responses were heard....

I've yet to heard anything except BCity, BCounty, Howard and (I think) Harford in the 3 weeks they been up.

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
But I can tell ya what airplane at MTN got fuel and oil... Anywhere in the state it seems

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like Harford has the con this week - test this morning at 0350 - only heard responses from Baltimore County, Howard County, and Baltimore City..no response heard from Carroll, Anne Arundel, or Annapolis police (all were called).

Oddly - I did hear a Baltimore City medic unit calling EMRC for a med channel on TGID 11722 (labeled BaltCo Roam on RR)... Saturday 26 @ 2043 very clear -- not sure if someone was playing with patches or what....

Last edited:

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Howard County just did a roll call on the "CMARC Mutual Aid Channel", TG 11795. Agencies called, Annapolis Police, Anne Arundel, Baltimore City Police, Baltimore County, Caroll County, Hartford County. Only Baltimore City Police answered.

troymail

Silent Key
Howard did a MutAid test Friday night around 1730 -- dispatcher reported at the end of the test that he heard no responses from any jurisdiction!

So far the only thing I think I've heard on this talkgroup is comms checks at random times - sometimes several times a day - and then only hearing Howard, BCity, BCounty, and Harford County..... even though others are called most times.

troymail

Silent Key
Maybe I missed it but I haven't detected a daily Mutual Aid Coordination talkgroup comms check over the past couple of days... it must have rotated to a jurisdiction that doesn't yet have radios (?)....

I will say my reception over the past few days for CMARC and Maryland FiRST have been less than optimal.

Anyone hard anything on CMARC?

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
My reception is fine in downtown Bmore...

troymail

Silent Key
Looks like Anne Arundel finally got a radio for CMARC -- heard them testing this week on Mutual Aid Coord... First noticed the radio ID that maps to AA County (222xxxx) then later in the week the voice indicatd it was AA County testing.

Oddly, also earlier this week Baltimore County was calling Frederick on the Mutual Aid TG -- I don't think Frederick is on the system....

Haven't daily or even weekly tests of the TG for several weeks now....

troymail

Silent Key
Apparently the twice a day Mutual Ad TG roll call tests started up again on April 1... still at somewhat random times and still not hearing many responses but there were some other notable "calls" to Frederick County, Amtrak Philadelphia, FBI Baltimore, and MEMA.

They also now end the test each time requesting those able to do so to switch to 8-Call for a test.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
I just wrote something in here, promptly woke up, and realized it was incorrect information. Would that I could have a delete button...

Last edited:

troymail

Silent Key
Baltimore City has been leading the roll calls recently but there still seems to be (best I can tell) full engagement by the jurisdictions tied into CMARC. Many don't seem to respond.

If the radio ID projections are correct, it looks like some Carroll County radios may be getting installed/tested but I haven't heard any voice from them yet.

The roll call also seems to many times include Frederick County but don't think I've ever heard them either.

troymail

Silent Key
Listening to CMARC MutAid roll calls, etc. for the past week -- looks like Carrolll county (based on the projected radio ID mapping/plan) is coming online this past week. Interestingly, since that testing, my radio captured hundreds of tiny/short recordings (total of the "recordings" for 4-13 July for that TG is more than 4 hours!) - mostly with no voice - many showing that 232xxxx (Carroll?) radio ID... almost as if that radio is periodically transmitting on it's own.

Also noticed this week that the regular Fire Mutual Aid (154.28Mhz) is still tested each day... along with 8CALL90.... many options which is good of course... but I wonder if they are overwhelming the dispatch centers with all of these options and tests of each every day....

There were some things that sounded like patches (of AA Fire Dispatch) onto the CMARC MutAid TG noted as well in the last week... not sure what that was other than possibly some type of training for the system operators.

riveter

Premium Subscriber
Heard a strange transmission on the Baltimore site the other day coming back from NYS- TGID 100, a dispatcher with military, almost artillery-style diction calling QRT units and calling out corrections-related lockdown procedures.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Looks like those voice-less key up is back on, it's keying the MA talkgroup every minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.