Collingdale PD local new frequency

Status
Not open for further replies.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
Just me?

I programmed this "Collingdale" freq. in a few days ago and the only thing I've gotten is noise that seems like a digital encrypted freq. similar to what you hear from Drexel U. PD.

I'm in the Lansdowne area, not far from Collingdale.

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
If your scanner doesn't take PL / DPL tones then you'll have to put up with DMR

My scanner is a RS Pro-197. I use WIN500 to program it. Not very familiar on how to program it without the help from WIN500, is there a setting that can help?

DMR= Digital Mobile Radio?

SCPD

QRT
I don't have that scanner model and never used win500. Should be a setting for entering PL and DPL

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
I don't have that scanner model and never used win500. Should be a setting for entering PL and DPL

Ok thanks, have no idea what they mean let alone where a setting might be.

ETA: I think I may have figured it out. I normally just take whatever info RR feeds the WIN500 program. Looking around I think this may be the setting I needed, time will tell.

Image2_zpso6xc9thq.jpg

Last edited:

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber
There you go you found it. The ones with search in the field will let all traffic through having a squelch tone radio will only open squelch with the correct tone.

Continuous Tone-Coded Squelch System - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks, always willing to learn.

The Collingdale listing was like most of the others until I tinkered around, Modulation was 'auto', Squelch Mode was 'search' and Squelch Tone was blank.

I just looked up and changed Darby boro as well. On their channel I think I was hearing a distant PD and maybe a school.

Status
Not open for further replies.