TRX-2: Control Demo SQ. mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaFive

Display question regarding the Digital Scanner Computer Control Demo, version 2.1 build 11. I am running my TRX 2 version 4.6 on a Windows 7 platform.
In the display log on the control demo, I cannot get the PL, or DPL, to display on the log screen listing. In the right column for 'SQ Mode, and SQ Tone', only N/A will appear. The virtual display on the top will show the PL that is active during the transmission. But, when the transmission is gone, the PL is gone. I do realize there is a record function, but on different band searches the activity is to much to record.
I have been over all of the adjustments in Global settings and such. I cannot find a function to display the SQ Mode, and the SQ Tone. Any help would sure be appreciated.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Display question regarding the Digital Scanner Computer Control Demo, version 2.1 build 11. I am running my TRX 2 version 4.6 on a Windows 7 platform.
In the display log on the control demo, I cannot get the PL, or DPL, to display on the log screen listing. In the right column for 'SQ Mode, and SQ Tone', only N/A will appear. The virtual display on the top will show the PL that is active during the transmission. But, when the transmission is gone, the PL is gone. I do realize there is a record function, but on different band searches the activity is to much to record.
I have been over all of the adjustments in Global settings and such. I cannot find a function to display the SQ Mode, and the SQ Tone. Any help would sure be appreciated.
This has been an ongoing issue for me as well. You'll find sometimes it shows and most of the time it will not. Signal strength appeared to help, but I don't know that for sure. Occasionally, the color code and slot will be missing on DMR but this doesn't happen as often.

Suspect it's a software issue related to the checking for the info. If it doesn't catch it when it first stops it won't recheck for it and the info is lost.

TRX Android Suite was having the issue too. That program is based on the Whistler program and the developer thought that might be the cause. Like you, I wish we could have it fixed.

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Tapatalk

AlphaFive

Control Demo

I believe you are right on the money regarding signal strength. I have found better luck with DMR transmissions during band searches, the slot and C.C. will appear under 'Other'. It's a small thing and not a big deal. If there had been an easy fix I would sure take care of it. I think your correct though, appreciate it.

Ubbe

That's correct. A TRX scanner only checks for subtones during the initial phase when the SQ opens and doesn't bother to recheck during conversations. If the signal are compromised by noise or interference right at the point where it tries to detect any subtone it will not indicate that any subtones are received and will inform any external software the same info. A Uniden scanner have a continous detection and you'll see on its display that the detection drops in and out during noisy conditions, a much better approach.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.