Dawson County P25

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
AXS consoles, we're looking at those, as the MCC7500 and 7500Es are being EOL'ed soon. Looks like they outbid CI and are getting a heck of a discount. I know the PM, this will be a great system for the users.

AXS consoles, we're looking at those, as the MCC7500 and 7500Es are being EOL'ed soon. Looks like they outbid CI and are getting a heck of a discount. I know the PM, this will be a great system for the users.
By the looks of it, that price difference was absolutely incredible. Can't wait to see it all come together!

ProBlab

Premium Subscriber
So based on this, it sounds like they are building a stand alone system and not planning to integrate with either the Cobb or Hall County systems?

kb4he

I have not seen the RFP so I don't know what the County asked for. However, I don't see anyway that 4 sites would provide any reasonable measure of indoor portable coverage. With only 4 sites, I would expect the loss of a single site will have a significant effect to portable coverage. As the CI proposal is almost double and several million more than Habersham with 6 sites, I expect the CI proposal included more sites to provide more indoor coverage and coverage redundancy.

wsp44

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the sarcasm. I thought you were asking how many sites they are getting. It's a good question you ask, now that I understand it
No problem, I really wanted to say "why the hell would both of us have asked if we could have simply clicked the link" but there is no sense in getting in a keyboard fight.

wsp44

Premium Subscriber
I have not seen the RFP so I don't know what the County asked for. However, I don't see anyway that 4 sites would provide any reasonable measure of indoor portable coverage. With only 4 sites, I would expect the loss of a single site will have a significant effect to portable coverage. As the CI proposal is almost double and several million more than Habersham with 6 sites, I expect the CI proposal included more sites to provide more indoor coverage and coverage redundancy.
Looks like only 9 buildings were specified for in building coverage based on the presentation by Moto... But man, L3 and CI being almost 8 million higher, they weren't even close... Hopefully they had multiple other sites included.