Downriver Mutual Aid Project 25 TRS Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WU8Y

I reprogrammed the scanner with only the control channel for the Downriver system, 852.125 MHz. The scanner is still not picking up any traffic, yet it's getting the control channel fine. I added some conventional channels (MED) to scan too, and it's still not getting the trunked system. I'm really confused now.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I reprogrammed the scanner with only the control channel for the Downriver system, 852.125 MHz. The scanner is still not picking up any traffic, yet it's getting the control channel fine. I added some conventional channels (MED) to scan too, and it's still not getting the trunked system. I'm really confused now.

Which talkgroups do you have affiliated with the system?

Sent via Tapatalk

WU8Y

I've got all the talkgroups listed here at RR as being non-encrypted, programmed into the scanner. I also have a talkgroup wildcard object programmed.

Interestingly, I can scan the MPSCS Wayne county simulcast system OK. It's just the Downriver system, never seems to show the inverse "T" and of course I never hear any audible traffic. It's very odd.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I've got all the talkgroups listed here at RR as being non-encrypted, programmed into the scanner. I also have a talkgroup wildcard object programmed.

Interestingly, I can scan the MPSCS Wayne county simulcast system OK. It's just the Downriver system, never seems to show the inverse "T" and of course I never hear any audible traffic. It's very odd.
You do have the downriver system listed as a TSYS, right?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

WU8Y

I emptied the PSR-500's memories by uploading a file with one frequency, 851.575 MHz, and only one talkgroup, WILDCARD!. Unfortunately, no joy. Signal shows full quieting, five bars on the "S-meter," but no trunk indicator... unless I go to the TSYS and hit "analyze." Then I get 99%, digital sound and the inverse-T, but no talkgroups.

I'm really confused.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I emptied the PSR-500's memories by uploading a file with one frequency, 851.575 MHz, and only one talkgroup, WILDCARD!. Unfortunately, no joy. Signal shows full quieting, five bars on the "S-meter," but no trunk indicator... unless I go to the TSYS and hit "analyze." Then I get 99%, digital sound and the inverse-T, but no talkgroups.

I'm really confused.

Did you build a new TSYS, and then put that freq in?

Sent via Tapatalk

BillB78

Premium Subscriber
Downriver

Anyone else ever going to stream downriver mutual aid including my home city of Taylor, so I may once again get to hear my Taylor Police once more ??

Josh

BillB78, there's always the option of buying a scanner for yourself that way you're not at the mercy of others to provide it for you. Truth be told it may not be worth listening to as half of the comms are encrypted and cannot be monitored anyway.

N8QGC

Hey fellas thought I'd throw this out here I'm trying to help a friend who has a radio shack pro 96 scanner... i'm attempting to program it for him.

I have got it to receive fairly well on all other systems in Southeast Michigan but the downriver system is giving me fits.

I'm using win 96 software and directly importing from radio reference as I have a premium subscription.. yet no matter what I do it will not receive the downriver system..

OK I did the version 1.4 firmware upgrade..

And I did the custom tables option referenced in many places earlier in this thread.

I now only appear to be hearing a little bit here and there in a side-by-side comparison with my Uniden BCD 396XT

I set the table up to look like this

62bf2743002dca0870334004f5bfa262.jpg

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

K8cpa-chuck

Hey fellas thought I'd throw this out here I'm trying to help a friend who has a radio shack pro 96 scanner... i'm attempting to program it for him.

I have got it to receive fairly well on all other systems in Southeast Michigan but the downriver system is giving me fits.

I'm using win 96 software and directly importing from radio reference as I have a premium subscription.. yet no matter what I do it will not receive the downriver system..

OK I did the version 1.4 firmware upgrade..

And I did the custom tables option referenced in many places earlier in this thread.

I now only appear to be hearing a little bit here and there in a side-by-side comparison with my Uniden BCD 396XT

I set the table up to look like this

62bf2743002dca0870334004f5bfa262.jpg

Any thoughts?

You do know that Downriver Mutual went to p25 don't you? If you don't have a scanner that won't pick that up you won't be able to hear it.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

N8QGC

I'm starting to figure out that his scanner is limited in what it can do. My BCD396XT is far superior to his PRO 96. I did manage to get it programmed up pretty good for him. I've advised him it's time to get a better scanner

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I'm starting to figure out that his scanner is limited in what it can do. My BCD396XT is far superior to his PRO 96. I did manage to get it programmed up pretty good for him. I've advised him it's time to get a better scanner

The Pro-96 came out in 2003, so being limited, compared to newer models, is not surprising.

Sent via Tapatalk

mikey60

If you get the tables correct, the PRO-96 should be able to track the system. It should be set to MOT and have the 9600 tables entered in the bank, since that system doesn't use the "Standard" Motorola frequency table.

Mike

GeneseeCoMI

If you get the tables correct, the PRO-96 should be able to track the system. It should be set to MOT and have the 9600 tables entered in the bank, since that system doesn't use the "Standard" Motorola frequency table.

Mike

I think he wants to know what the correct table is and how to program it. It's not on the system's database or wiki pages and the tables in this thread seem to be for the old (deprecated) 3600 baud Smartzone system.

Last edited:

mikey60

My radio has this:

Ch Low: 0
Ch High: 4096
Offset: 0
Base Freq: 806.57500
Step: 12.5KHz

That's what the control channel is advertising. I'm not sure the PRO-96 would accept that though. Let me do some calculations to see if I can figure out what might work for the PRO-96.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.