DSDPlus DSD+ 2.457 Available

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
I too have the Current Site scroll of death. Checked and double checked everything, no errors in event log.
Is anyone from DSD on here or just send an email to them (with logs etc of course)
My experience with the scroll of death is if what is in your DSDPlus.frequencies and being received over the air are in conflict. I've been working on a 90+ site Capacity Max system, and have seen it many times if I have a frequency entry for one site in the file, but the same frequency is being used at another site as well (and of course is the control channel). Adding the missing frequency for the correct site (and usually adding the right color code) stops the scroll of death.

Mogley

Premium Subscriber
Sorry real stupid question but does this mean DSD Will not scan Tier III systems?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Sorry real stupid question but does this mean DSD Will not scan Tier III systems?
DSDPlus 2.457 scans Tier III fine, this is all about how it displays the information such as System ID & Site ID.

And about how the data needs to be entered/updated in your DSDPlus site/network/frequency files to avoid errors.

Marco192

I have a very strange issue ...
In the .networks file when I enter the network ID in the new format - with the letter (L3), then I get compleatly wrong site IDs.
If I leave it as it was before, only with the network ID number (just 3), then all site IDs are decoded as they should be.
In the end I live with this one error line from the .networks file :cautious:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have a very strange issue ...
In the .networks file when I enter the network ID in the new format - with the letter (L3), then I get compleatly wrong site IDs.
If I leave it as it was before, only with the network ID number (just 3), then all site IDs are decoded as they should be.
In the end I live with this one error line from the .networks file :cautious:
Why don’t you post a screenshot of DSD plus starting up with 3 in the networks file and then with L3 in the networks file, or even better with the network file commented out.

Last edited:

Red_Ice

Explains the boat load of errors I get starting up.
The problem with the errors is because we have to rename all our data in the files DSDPlus.frequencies, DSDPlus.groups, DSDPlus.networks,... this is a bit tedious although I think we still have the problem in the TIIInonStd since , if we use as an example a network H (11.00.0.....) it will show it as H1, but if we use the network H (11.01.0.....) it will also show H1.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
we have to rename all our data in the files DSDPlus.frequencies, DSDPlus.groups, DSDPlus.networks,... this is a bit tedious
Make a back up of the files, then try the find/replace feature in Notepad++. If all your TIII groups are needing to go from TIII to TIIIStd or TIIInonStd, that can be achieved in just a few clicks. If some are TIIIStd and some are TIIInonStd, can still be done easily with Notepad++.

Red_Ice

Make a back up of the files, then try the find/replace feature in Notepad++. If all your TIII groups are needing to go from TIII to TIIIStd or TIIInonStd, that can be achieved in just a few clicks. If some are TIIIStd and some are TIIInonStd, can still be done easily with Notepad++.
Yes, that is the fastest way to do it, you only need to differentiate the TIIIStd from the TIIInonStd, but it is indeed the fastest.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that is the fastest way to do it, you only need to differentiate the TIIIStd from the TIIInonStd, but it is indeed the fastest.

Just curious, if all sites were changed to one or the other, let's say TIIIStd, when you tuned to that system would DSD+ update it to TIIInonStd if it needed to be?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Getting this at start up in red text and repeated 86 times :
DSDPlus.radios line #1871: Protocol name should be "TIIIStd" or "TIIInonStd"
DSDPlus.radios line #1871: Ambiguous TIII network model...
DSDPlus.radios line #1970: Protocol name should be "TIIIStd" or "TIIInonStd"
DSDPlus.radios line #1970: Ambiguous TIII network model

Likely from avast freaking out over the update, and damaging the program will ignore from here on out.

Likely because of the discussion throughout this thread, you need to update the site/frequency/network files to match the new format of DSD+. Simply start at the beginning and read the posts you'll see the new format.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Got this on a P25 system last night and figured it was a site issue. Seeing it on another P25 system today. Running 1 dongle as usual with combined cc/vc monitor.

1703975074762.png

1703975206785.png

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Got this on a P25 system last night and figured it was a site issue. Seeing it on another P25 system today.

Different install of DSDPlus on a different PC. Loses cc after voice call on 770.54375, then says tuning to 771.28125 over and over in the event window. Fmp24 stays on 770.54375

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Different install of DSDPlus on a different PC. Loses cc after voice call on 770.54375, then says tuning to 771.28125 over and over in the event window. Fmp24 stays on 770.54375

That is really strange. I cannot reproduce it. I monitor mostly P25 systems (Moto and Harris). I am not using RTL dongles though - I'm using Airspy minis and thus FMPA.exe. So that might be why I cannot reproduce that.

fozz3d

My experience with the scroll of death is if what is in your DSDPlus.frequencies and being received over the air are in conflict. I've been working on a 90+ site Capacity Max system, and have seen it many times if I have a frequency entry for one site in the file, but the same frequency is being used at another site as well (and of course is the control channel). Adding the missing frequency for the correct site (and usually adding the right color code) stops the scroll of death.
I have checked all the frequencies in the system. Every site uses a different frequency for CC. All the sites use the same Colour Code and i don’t think you can enter a Colour Code in DSD. It doesnt matter if it’s a TIIInonStd or a TIIIStd system. Still does the scroll of death.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I have checked all the frequencies in the system. Every site uses a different frequency for CC. All the sites use the same Colour Code and i don’t think you can enter a Colour Code in DSD. It doesnt matter if it’s a TIIInonStd or a TIIIStd system. Still does the scroll of death.
The author is aware. You can stop it from happening immediately by simply switching to combined cc/VC monitoring at least that stops it for me.

It’ll be fixed. And it may or may not even be a direct issue with DSD plus and instead may be an issue with some garbage entries in the frequencies file. I’m sure it’ll be taken care of one way or the other.

mwjones

Premium Subscriber
Now that I'm back at home I've had time to test it myself (I was traveling over the holidays and didn't want to break a known working setup even with backups knowing the trouble I was in for editing the files - much easier to do when on a large monitor with a lot of screen real estate then on a laptop), it appears the issue is in the program, not the config which I see @mtindor confirmed before I had a chance to reply.

Also, Color Code has been supported since DSD+ 2.324 (the release notes are specifically calling out Capacity+, but it works on all DMR flavors):
Added DMR system disambiguation via DCC support in the DSDPlus.frequencies file.

This feature is primarily designed for Cap+ systems where sites share common frequencies.
DCC values can be appended to DMR channel entries in the DSDPlus.frequencies file.

Example:

Cap+, 1234, 3, 1, 454.7625, 0.0, 0, 12

Cap+, 1234, 7, 1, 454.7625, 0.0, 0, 14

If FMPx is manually tuned to 454.7625 and DSD+ detects a Cap+ datastream,
DSD+ will use the received digital color code to determine whether site 3
or site 7 is being monitored.

A DCC does not need to be added to a DMR frequency entry unless disambiguation is required.

You should edit the comment at the top of the DSDPlus.frequencies file
to reflect the new optional DCC field:

Old: ; protocol, network ID, site number, ... sort order

New: ; protocol, network ID, site number, ... sort order [, DCC]
Because of the size of one of the systems I've been working on (90+ sites all within a 2 MHz band), there is a lot of overlap of the sites and their control channels, so using Color Codes is a must, even if the sites are quite a distance apart. It also comes in handy when decoding Capacity+ systems that don't broadcast a distinct system ID.