DSD Fastlane not decoding...

compton99

Premium Subscriber
I've setup DSD Fastlane on a new PC. Have both Airspy mini and SDRplay(duo). Both are being "seen" by fastlane via VB-cable, in that the source audio window indicates signal received, and I can hear the static and the DMR digital sound from my OpenSpot dongle tuned to an amateur repeater talkgroup.

My DMR radio receives the dongle output without problem, so the output from the dongle is working just fine. FMPA has the airspy mini's serial number, and FMPP has the duo's serial number. Both are working. I have updated to the latest files via the "Misc" menu. Passive digital monitor selected on Control menu. Everything worked on the other PC, and I cannot for the world think of what I did wrong on this new one...

Any suggestion other than reinstalling everything?

Attachments

• DSD.jpg
    DSD.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 56
  • FMPA.jpg
    FMPA.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 55

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
  • Nobody cares about your Airspy mini serial number
  • You don't seem to be parked on an active signal
  • Looks like you have a lot of noise and/or gain turned up too high
  • If you are using FMPA or FMPP, then then you wouldn't be using VB Cable. FMPA and FMPP are direct linked (at least in Fast Lane)
The only time you need a VB cable is if you are feeding audio from an SDR app like SDR# or SDRuno. But you should just use FMPA or FMPP for your Airspy / RSP.

If it were me, I'd stop DSDPlus, remove the DSDplus.bin file (restoring all of its options back to default), fire DSDPlus up again and reconfigure.

If you are running FMPA or FMPP you should be running the FMPA-CC.bat or FMPP-CC.bat file and the 1R.bat file to fire off DSDPlus.

In DSDPlus:
INPUT --> Use Direct FMPx linking
OUTPUT --> your speakers
OUTPUT --> Synthesize All Digital Voice
DECODER --> make sure you have the protocols selected that you want to decode
CNTRL --> CC Monitor (1 of 2) or Combined CC/VC Monitor (assuming you might want to monitor a trunked channel)

And the signal into DSDPlus from your hotspot or radio may be too strong -- you may have to turn down the gain very low.

Provide better screenshots -- showing when you are actually monitoring a valid signal.

compton99

Premium Subscriber
  • Nobody cares about your Airspy mini serial number
  • You don't seem to be parked on an active signal
  • Looks like you have a lot of noise and/or gain turned up too high
  • If you are using FMPA or FMPP, then then you wouldn't be using VB Cable. FMPA and FMPP are direct linked (at least in Fast Lane)
The only time you need a VB cable is if you are feeding audio from an SDR app like SDR# or SDRuno. But you should just use FMPA or FMPP for your Airspy / RSP.

If it were me, I'd stop DSDPlus, remove the DSDplus.bin file (restoring all of its options back to default), fire DSDPlus up again and reconfigure.

If you are running FMPA or FMPP you should be running the FMPA-CC.bat or FMPP-CC.bat file and the 1R.bat file to fire off DSDPlus.

In DSDPlus:
INPUT --> Use Direct FMPx linking
OUTPUT --> your speakers
OUTPUT --> Synthesize All Digital Voice
DECODER --> make sure you have the protocols selected that you want to decode
CNTRL --> CC Monitor (1 of 2) or Combined CC/VC Monitor (assuming you might want to monitor a trunked channel)

And the signal into DSDPlus from your hotspot or radio may be too strong -- you may have to turn down the gain very low.

Provide better screenshots -- showing when you are actually monitoring a valid signal.
1. Noted.
2. I know.
3. Thanks.
4. (and forward) - Useful info. Thanks for taking your time to reply.