End Code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint

Premium Subscriber
end code

hemi said:
On my 250d it has a setting for end code. Whats that for??

This is from my bc250d owners manual, (Motorola), When this function is disabled, the radio looks for squelch before returning to the control channel instead of waiting for the disconnect tone. Only in rare instances will you need to adjust the default settings. The conditions to return to control channels depends on whether a control signal is present or not.

I have never found a time when I needed to use this, I just leave it alone.
Steve

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I don't know about you, but on my 246T when listening to EMS on there, I have the End Code on and when they're done keying up, it's kinda like a soft key down, instead of hearing the kerchunk of squelch at the end of the transmission. Other than that though, I don't know what else it does.

Saint said:
This is from my bc250d owners manual, (Motorola), When this function is disabled, the radio looks for squelch before returning to the control channel instead of waiting for the disconnect tone. Only in rare instances will you need to adjust the default settings. The conditions to return to control channels depends on whether a control signal is present or not.

I have never found a time when I needed to use this, I just leave it alone.
Steve

motomeso

Premium Subscriber
IdleMonitor said:
I don't know about you, but on my 246T when listening to EMS on there, I have the End Code on and when they're done keying up, it's kinda like a soft key down, instead of hearing the kerchunk of squelch at the end of the transmission. Other than that though, I don't know what else it does.

That is exactly what it is, just like reverse burst on a commercial radio. When it detects the end code it mutes the receiver and tells the scanner / radio that the current transmission is finished so the radio / scanner can return to the control channel for further direction. If you have it to ignore the scanner will sit on that voice channel until the carrier drops which means you might miss the beginning of the next transmission on a different voice channel, not to mention that annoying squelch tail.

Status
Not open for further replies.