Falck (Care) Ambulance on MRA Nexedge System

monitor142

It appears that Falck Ambulance is either trialing or beginning the transition to the MRA Wide-Area Nexedge system.

Dispatch is multicasting on the NSTN LTR systems along with the MRA Nexedge network. I know monitoring the NSTN system on Sierra that Falck OC units have had a lot of coverage issues in South OC with the loss of the NSTN Santiago system. Several units have Nexedge radios in them and a lot still have NSTN LTR radios.

I think Falck will be very happy with the coverage and performance of the MRA Nexedge network. It just works...

Several TG's are active at this time mirroring their response areas just like the NSTN system. So far it appears to be 670-676. There may be more for their non Fire, private calls, and tacs.

So far this is what I have:
670-Falck LA
671-Falck
672-Falck
673-Falck OC Fire South
674-Falck
675-Falck
676-Falck OC Fire North

-M142

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Programmed this NXDN System with just Santiago Peak and sounds good on my SDS-200. Not bad. Nice and clean and clear. So far these talkgroups are spot on. I am keeping my radio in ID Search mode to see how it goes over the next few weeks.

Some comms are coming over NXDN and not on the old Analog System and then Analog stuff coming over and not on NXDN. Have them both going and logging.

Z_DEO5

Premium Subscriber
We have started transitioning to the new digital radio system. About 50 out of the 400 ambulances we have are equipped with the new radios. We also have started rolling out handheld radios so that when crews are in the station, they could know what's going on out in the field. The system roll out, has been put on hold for the month of February due to our dispatch center having a lot of technical issues with the Kenwood radio interface system on their end. If you listen to the system, you'll notice that Dispatch is very delayed and sometimes unreadable. You're currently working to figure this out but until then, all units with the new radios are equipped to use old radios on the LTR system. On the new system you it is patched to our current system so you will hear the dispatcher on both radio systems. But only LTR users can hear only other LTR users. And only digital users can hear other digital users. Example if a unit is using a digital radio to try to communicate with a unit that's not using a digital radio they will not be heard. Most unit to unit coordination we do on the orange county 800 MHz system, this will be ops managers, coordinating responses and ambulances, communicating with fire crews. The new digital system currently just mirrors our old analog system, but when we fully migrate over, it will be much less channels and much more simple to use for the crews. But the BIGGEST reason for the new system is the better area coverage.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Forgot I had the NXDN feature upgrade I paid for on my BCD996P2 and it works great too with NXDN Trunking

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Seems like Talkgroup 670 LACOFD is using this talkgroup or have access to dispatch or something. I keep hearing LACOFD Dispatchers maybe. Anybody have any insight on what I am hearing too.

Z_DEO5

Premium Subscriber
I know this sounds dumb... Could you attach some audio recordings or type out what the dispatcher saying? Not a lot of our LA County units are on the new digital system so you're mainly only here the Dispatcher.
Our company isn't operating any talk groups that are patched directly to LA county fires radio system, but it could be something totally different and not related to Falck at all.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
What I am thinking is that Falck Dispatchers are saying LACOFD and Orange County Fire. But they are Falck Dispatchers. I have no way to upload audio files but it all makes sense.

Z_DEO5

Premium Subscriber
You are correct, in Falck LA county they say what agency the crew is responding with so we know what radio frequency to monitor and witch CAD system to receive the call with for our PCR system.
They’re saying "L1234 County fire into 28's for a sick person at 123 Main st"
or
"L1234 Monrovia Fire for a sick person at 123 Main st"
its a little different when a La county ambulance comes into orange county and we try to avoid it when possible but they’ll say
"L1234 Orange county call with ORCO E13 on 4D for a sick person 123 Main St District 1365Y Code 2 response"

Every Dispatcher dose it a little different but they will always say what fire department there responding with the call nature (Fall, overdoses, ect) and the address or the nearest cross street.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
You are correct, in Falck LA county they say what agency the crew is responding with so we know what radio frequency to monitor and witch CAD system to receive the call with for our PCR system.
They’re saying "L1234 County fire into 28's for a sick person at 123 Main st"
or
"L1234 Monrovia Fire for a sick person at 123 Main st"
its a little different when a La county ambulance comes into orange county and we try to avoid it when possible but they’ll say
"L1234 Orange county call with ORCO E13 on 4D for a sick person 123 Main St District 1365Y Code 2 response"

Every Dispatcher dose it a little different but they will always say what fire department there responding with the call nature (Fall, overdoses, ect) and the address or the nearest cross street.
You, sir are a gentleman and a scholar for providing the inside scoop to the scanner world.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
Saw this come up tonight on The this new system

47DMEDIAMedia Production

Said something good for the 10pm news tonight. Not sure what media company this is but its pretty clear its some news agency local in the LA area.

kearthfan101

Premium Subscriber
Saw this come up tonight on The this new system

47DMEDIAMedia Production

Said something good for the 10pm news tonight. Not sure what media company this is but its pretty clear its some news agency local in the LA area.
KTLA previously had an LTR talkgroup for use with their chopper, not sure if they still use it. worth a try to start there.

tsalmrsystemtech

Premium Subscriber
KTLA previously had an LTR talkgroup for use with their chopper, not sure if they still use it. worth a try to start there.
Yes thanks. I have programmed that LTR sytems and all the sites just for KTLA on my SDS-200 and have never heard anything. I know I have heard The Blue Bird Helicopter for Channel 7 news on their NXDN system. This is a tough system to figure out and trunk track correctly. I have left this NXDN system to scan in conventioanl mode and make sure all of the frequencies are in a group and scan away. I think with so much encryption now the news agencies just do not have the radio comms to listen anymore and be live except for LACO Sheriffs and LAPD and CHP for the time being for now. Pretty sure almost everything else is gone and do not think the media has any access anymore. I just do not know.